“Shopping at Iceland”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Well I am not one to normally write bad reviews but this pub was poor. We ordered two meals one was a mixed grill which was ok taste wise but for what I was a little over priced. My meal, I ordered the mussels thinking they must be good with the name of the pub. What a mistake!!! I would hazard a guess these were boil in the bag taste-less and the smallest size mussels I have very been given. The sauce tasted like a pound jar tipped over the top and what really hammed it home was the part baked roll it was served with. All the food we had on the island was all of good standard except for this meal. All the staff were nice along with good service and a smile or were they just laughing at our misfortune for picking the poorest food on the island. Cost was £32 for two meals a pint and a coffee It's up to you

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I ate in the Crab during our stay on the Isle of Wight. A lovely old coaching Inn, we had to great meals and they were such good value for money. The drinks were inexpensive too. This Inn is in a very busy location and could have charged far more for both food and drinks. Worth a visit for sure !!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Generally speaking, we were well received everywhere in Shanklin, but The Crab Inn personnel went out of their way to accommodate the wife and I for dinner on a busy Saturday night in September.

I enjoyed a three-course dinner for 10 GBP while she was pleased with her roasted chicken for 9 GBP. Three beers, a coke and a glass of house wine added another 8 GBP and made the evening even more relaxing.

We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks on the large outside patio, tailor-made for people and squirrel watching .

The owners are to be commended for their friendly staff at all levels.

Thank D.Farkswald
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our second visit here after eating here the previous year.
We were not disappointed.... the food was excellent and the staff were welcoming and friendly.

We found a table with ease and the staff brought over a highchair for my daughter. They have a good range of vegetarian meals made with the freshest of ingredients and our second visit was just as delightful as our first visit. The pub looks beautiful lit up at night time and definitely worth a visit. Meals reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This was the MOST child unfriendly pub I have ever been to. We were told off for having pushchairs, the high chairs, when we eventually found some, didn't have straps so the toddlers were climbing out. Then we got reprimanded for having a child walking around, all because there was no straps on the high chairs!! Bad, over dramatic and rude restaurant manager. It was a shame because the food was lovely!

1  Thank Ruth M