First the good stuff. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is presentable and clean and the bedroom we had was a good size but with no view. Given that we stayed out of season and there were very few guests in the hotel, it would have been a nice gesture if we'd been given a room with a view.
Lovely clean bathroom and newly re-furbished, so where was the shelf by the mirror to put things on? Where was the tray in the shower to put soap, bottle of shampoo etc..little things maybe, but no thought has gone in to it.
In 2012, does the room really have to have an artex ceiling and do the soft furnishings have to be beige and brown? No imagination. No full (or even half-length) mirror? If it was old decoration it might be excused but it's relatively new!
Please do not give me stewed, industrial strength filtered coffee in a cafetiere and pretend it's fresh.
Please do not have an answering machine that tells me the booking centre is experiencing a high level of calls. This is a small country hotel not the Marriot chain. It fools no-one and is irritating.
A sticking plaster left on the side of the jacuzzi: bleeeahh!
You're letting your excellent staff and yourselves down for no good reason . Stop it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight