We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. The family run team were friendly. Helpful and really put themselves out to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The rooms whether our bedroom or the public rooms were comfortable, spotless and beautifully furnished -probably the most comfortable bed we have experienced in a hotel. The food was lovely, with themed evenings, including entertainment (music, quizzes, victorian feast. Medieval banquet). Care was take around allergies/ dietary needs. A real treat was the chef's own bread. Leisure time was provided for - films in the evening, I had two massages and was only sorry I didn't have time for the reflexology. The indoor pool was clean and large enough, warmer on the second day, but about the right temperature for a good swim. Relaxing in the jacuzzi afterwards, large and well heated, was great. All in all, superb facilities and services! We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight