We stayed at the hotel back in march and the room was not as clean as it should be but my wife still gave them good feed back on here.
We went back as we loved the hotel and the Lady Osborne suite and thought ok it was just a blip on the cleaners side, nope afraid not when we got to the room there was bits of paper on the the stairs dust hanging off the walls and cob webs over the chimney stack. My wife is asthmatic and dust sets it of, so we went down to reception and Paula said we made sure that room was cleaned as we knew you was coming. We settled down for the night but in the morning we found more evidence the room had not been cleaned and a rip in the sheet, so back down stairs and found Paula and she said i do not need to come into work and be faced with this and then we heard her moaning to some one in the kitchen about us but she did say she would get the cleaner to do a deep clean after we showed her the room. When we went to check out we asked if we would be compensated for all the problem and was told well you had a very good room rate so no you will not and another member of staff accused us of switching light bulbs which had blown in the room. That is disgusting they are in the wrong and providing a room for £290 that was not clean to a good standard what a rip off not happy by a long shot. Will never go back after this so be warned plus carol sent my wife an email as to why there was a card with a date and time we placed it to test the cleaners and took them 2 days to find it.we are seeking legal advice about getting compensation and we feel ripped off.see photos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight