We stayed here as a last minute booking. The location was great, and although the decoration of the hotel would not be to everybody's taste, it was OK if a little tired. We paid extra for a sea-view and it was a great view from the room. The room was comfortable and well organised. But oh my, the bathroom.
As is the fashion these days, the staff had left the towels on the bed, unfortunately this reinforced the feeling that the bathroom was a public changing room, there was nothing in the bathroom apart from some tiny sachets of shampoo and soap.
The toilet rolls were locked in the kind of dispenser you find in a public loo, and it all gave the impression that the management did not trust their guests - which I'm sure is not true.
Having the towels, which were good, in the bathroom, and some decent smellies and an ordinary loo roll holder would make the whole bathroom feel a whole lot better.
Staff were helpful when you could find them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight