My partner and I enjoyed a 5night (mostly half board) stay recently and would thoroughly recommend it. The atmosphere was frienly and informal - right from the booking process with helpful comments and honest answers to our questions, through arrival (we were arriving late on a friday night - not a problem, staff there in abundance to help with luggage).
Jim and Carol continue to improve Bourne Hall - it is lovely but will continue to improve. We needed a few days' peace and pampering and this place was ideal; the hotel doesn't have full 4/5* service - full room service and so on - but it makes up for this with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff who all went out of their way to make our stay a delightful one. Our room was wonderful and spacious, and the bathroom with large bath and good shower were much better than we often encounter on our travels.
The food was good traditional home cooking with no pretentions - highly recommended, although more variety in the breakfast menu wouldn't go amiss. We enjoyed the pool and the spa facilities - Cathy is a star and the treatments were of a high quality and reasonably priced.
Overall - a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bourne Hall, an elegant Country House, Hotel and restaurant, set in mature grounds in Shanklin, Isle of Wight. Originally built in the late 1860’s, said to be for one of Queen Victoria’s ladies in waiting, the "house" still retains its sense of history whilst providing comfortable accommodation enhanced by its original Victorian features. Uniquely located on an elevated position at the foot of Luccombe Downs, benefits both countryside and coastal Vistas. The Hotel enjoys exquisite views, by day and night, across Sandown and Shanklin Bay, and onwards to Culver Downs. Situated minutes walk south of Shanklin "old village," this 30 bedroom, 3 star hotel offers a range of classic and premier rooms, family rooms and suites, comprehensive leisure & health facilities, and a stylish restaurant. Bourne Hall provides the ideal setting for weekend special breaks or longer stays, private functions, weddings and business meetings/conferences. We take pride in our friendliness and attention to detail and always endeavour to make your experience comfortable and most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bourne Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Bourne Hall Country Shanklin
- Bourne Hall Country Hotel Shanklin, Isle Of Wight