“Fab B&B”
Review of Shoreside Inn

Shoreside Inn
Ranked #2 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just as everyone else has said, this is a really special B&B. Spacious rooms, fabulous views, enormous showers, comfy beds, tasty breakfasts, friendly hosts. If you're thinking of booking in Shanklin, don't book anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book a front room with a balcony and stare at the sea for hours.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shoreside Inn

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was working on a Photographic shoot two years ago now and stayed at this fantastic hotel! I was up early and back very late but Jo and Andy were incredible. They offered to make me something to eat even though the kitchen was shut. Nothing was to much for them! The rooms were fantastic, the shower in my bathroom was great. And such a comfortable bed.
It's taken me two years to write this review but my stay there has always stuck in my mind. Glad I've eventually got round to writing this.

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonAD01
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

From the time I booked in to the time I left, I was made to feel welcome and special by Jo and Andy. The room I had was spacious, elegant and clean with more than a touch of luxury. Nothing was too much trouble and I felt very much at home. I can't thank Jo and Andy enough for a wonderful weekend in the best B&B I have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just spent 3 nights (over Bank Holiday weekend) at Shoreside. From the moment we arrived and Jo and Andy met us on the car park and helped with the luggage to the moment we left and they waved us off, nothing was too much trouble. They have a great hotel, tastefully decorated and furnished throughout in a very modern way. They are a mine of information about what to do and where to go and their recommendations, particularly restaurants were spot on. This is how a hotel should be run and it is very refreshing to find somewhere were the customer really does come first. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Always have lunch here when we are in Shanklin, the food is excellent and the service is perfect ...nothing is too much trouble ! The hospitality always leaves you wanting more !

We didn't stay because we are always on a day trip but if the rooms from what we saw are as nice as my calamari....enough said !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancée wanted to go away for a few days but didn't want to go abroad. I looked around at different places on the Isle of Wight before deciding on the shoreside inn. I thought it had a good location and was well priced for where it was. Due to problems with delayed flights and ferry we was late to the b+b, however the owner rang us up to see if everything was ok and what our new arrival time would be. On arrival there was parking around the rear of the building with CCTV and he met us out there. Even though we were very late he stayed up to help us with our bags and gave us a tour.

The room was absolutely amazing. Very spacious and with a good view overlooking the sea and the next seaside town.

The breakfast was delicious. Your order is taken in the morning and they will work around you. The best thing for us though was the freshly cooked Danishes. The tasted amazing and were a real treat in the morning.

The staff were all polite and very interested in what people were going to do that day. They would also recommend places to eat and visit.

Both me and my fiancé loved this b+b and thought it was amazing value for money. We will be recommending it to out friends and family and we will be staying here again. We couldn't thank the staff enough for our enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our first time visiting Isle of Wight, but after spending 3 wonderful days at the Shoreside Inn, I'm certain it will not be our last! Everything was fabulous, from the moment we arrived to warm welcomes by both Andy & Jo, until the time we left. Our room was very spacious, clean, and well decorated with sea views. Breakfast was too good really, meaning if you have no willpower you will be having the full English AND Jo's home made pastries (they are sooooo good, try the cherry one!). You'll not need lunch after that and may need to be quite active in the daytime so that you can enjoy one of the nice restaurants like Pendletons in the evening:)

Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone, and can't imagine staying anywhere else the next time I go to IOW.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Clifton
#7 of 51 in Shanklin
The Wight
The Wight
#5 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Shoreside Inn? Share your experiences!