“Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!”

Description: 01983 863729
Crawley, West Sussex, England
“Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Hubby & I decided to try this due to the reviews on Tripadvisor.... Oh deary me - what a mistake.
We were the only ones sitting down for dinner from 7:45pm until 9:30pm. & only 4/5 people ordered take away!
We ordered a couple of gin & tonics to start with & they were flat so my husband asked for fresh ones..... & even though the waitress said it was a fresh bottle of tonic opened it was still flat & I really didn't want to ask again for replacements. The wine we ordered wasn't available but they allowed me to try an alternative which was fine so we had a bottle of that. So we ordered our food & I asked for a chicken chat but with a puree & my husband ordered the vegetable samosas. My chicken chat came out without the requested puree & the vegetable samosas were not made with vegetables, just potato.... With a side of ketchup!! Very strange!! Never in all our curry eating career have we seen this! Plus they looked & tasted like the ones you get from the tesco frozen isle! So the mains were pretty bog standard, nothing amazing & I ordered off the chef specials which wasn't worth extra money. The staff were ok - they were polite & one was training the other so we accepted that but I can't see where these previous reviews came from!

• Visited April 2013

Shanklin
“Great value Banquet night”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have eaten in lots of Indian restaurants and have only recently started to visit the Jasmine. We now walk past 2 other Indian restaurants on our way to the Jasmine, well worth those extra few steps!!!

On Sunday & Wednesday they have a Banquet night for £9.95 you get a choice of starter, main course, side dish, rice & Nam bread. If you order popadom you get charged a little extra, we have stopped ordering the extras as we never finish all the dishes placed in front of us.

The decor is not the best in town but the food is!!!! So if you are like me and enjoy your food and company your with, don't hesitate to visit the Jasmine.

• Visited April 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

On your visit its a must one of the best curries ever and the most lovely people you will ever meet, service top rate, nothing seem to much trouble. Warm and friendly. End of the evening getting you a taxi was no trouble ... A fab evening was had by me and my friends would recommend

Visited November 2012
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

excellent value for money food was delicious and service was impeccable would recommend this and will return was delicious

Visited November 2012
“Very Friendly”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We visited with our 11 week old son, we where made to feel very welcome, the food was nice and good value for money. We visited on a Wednesday and the restaurant seemed to have plenty of regulars who where greeted in a similar friendly fashion to us. Would recommend or pleasant service and food.

• Visited November 2012