“sorry just not gd enough”

Jasmine indian cuisine
Ranked #28 of 81 Restaurants in Shanklin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 01983 863729
Reviewed 17 December 2013

as we are local we used to use the jasmine almost every w/k the food was really gd to eat in and takeaway until one Thursday a few weeks ago we ordered a take away meal as usual took home opened it up put it on a plate first the rice then the chicken madras the madras sauce looked different then normal it was watery and a an odd colour i took one mouthful it was awful anyway i phoned up and complained straight away the young girl said i,m sorry you don't like it but theres nothing we can do and put the phone down ....well theres something i can do and take our money some where else ...im sorry but that is not gd customer service thank you but never again

1  Thank teziow

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Service v good starter sheek kebab excellent .chicken madras perfect nann bread perfect ty see you again soon I hope

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Being Isle of Wight residents, my wife and I tried the Jasmine for my birthday meal. It was an extremely stormy night, and in a way being sat at a table overlooking the high street with weather akin to a monsoon added to the atmosphere. The service provided was friendly and efficient, we chatted to the lady chef/owner? She was amenable, pleasant, and very knowledgeable about the dishes the restaurant produces.

Food wise the Jasmine offered fine quality with good portions. The Banquet menu (Sundays & Wednesdays I believe) offers great value. The Tandoori Chicken starter was a little more bone than meat but spiced nicely. Plenty of lightly dressed salad was served, including with the main meals - too much for us to be honest. We tried some slightly more unusual indian main meals. The 'Chop Pilau' was a great take on Biryani, not only do you get Lamb Biryani but an accompanying Lamb Currry, which can be as hot as you like. My wife's Chicken Shashlik was divine, a dry dish and quite unusually spiced - not a curry but very good.

Overall a positive experience, and recommend this restaurant to residents and visitors alike. We'll certainly be back.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Visited latish on a Wednesday evening. My wife had a delicious "Chop Pilau" lamb biryani dish, I had buffet menu - £10.99 for starter, main, side, rice/nan - excellent value. Before long we were the only people left in the restaurant but no sense of rush to get us out. Bright airy décor makes a change from usual Indian restaurant style.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went here on the Sunday of the storm, having failed to locate the Tastecard restaurant that I was looking for.
What a pleasant surprise. the food was spot on and I would happily go here again when I am in the area.