“Best chip shop on the island.”
Review of A.j's takeaway

A.j's takeaway
Ranked #9 of 16 Quick Bites in Shanklin
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We Are A Traditional Fish And Chip Shop With Fresh Fish And Chips Cooked To Order We Also Sell Pies,sausages, Burgers, Jacket Potatoes Kids Meals And Vegetarian Meals
Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

Visited ajays on an off chance and was really impressed. Great service incredible food, and couldn't recommend the no.1 burger more! Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Have used this fish and chip shop for about 4 months now since living on the island (Shanklin), I just want to say how nice it is to see a smile on the new owners face and how all the staff are always laughing and joking. Top quality chips! The potion sizes you just can’t go wrong at such reasonable prices. Couldn’t recommend more.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

When I went here the staff were very friendly and helped me when I asked about the vegetarian dishes; as most are cross contaminated. Much to my delight the chips are 100% vegan!!! Very clean and food is fresh. Good value for money and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Have been using A.J's for a while and always enjoy there food. It has recently changed owners and the atmosphere is so much better in there!!! The staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble!!!! Lee the new owner is lovely, Dan on the counter is easy on the eye and very helpful!! Gina is as wonderful as always along with her Aussie colleague Lin. They also deliver and Karen sometimes delivers to us and again no faults and is always very cheerful. Thought I would do a review as I love our Friday night visits to A.j's as we always leave smiling.

Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

Coming from Australia, I've tried many of fish in the UK and I was so put off!! Finally I decided to try AJ's and can honestly say it was one of the nicest pieces of fish I've ever eaten. I now visit regularly. The staff are always amazing and friendly. This place needs to be voted for the best takeaways in the UK. Thanks guys keep up the great work!!!