“Very good meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

2 adults, 2 seniors, 2 kids.
The owner was good enough to amend the menu to accommodate my various intolerance's.
The meal was a bit of a wait (about 50 minutes in total) but we had time, and it was worth the wait. All the meals were superb. Even my super picky daughter cleaned her plate and starting eyeing up my meal......
The tables were well laid out with lots of room. The kids loved the free bouncy castle in the garden.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were a little apprehensive as this used to be one of our regulara as the Plough and Barleycorn in previous years. No worries, as the meals were better than ever. The best steak I've had in a long while!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Went in for a quick bite to eat and walked away with an empty stomach, due to the two hairs that I found in my food alone. Was not impressed when my friend also found a very long hair in her sandwich also.

Have these people ever heard of hair nets or basic hygiene in a kitchen?

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Pig & Whistle, Shanklin. DON`T GO THERE. Disgusting. My Mum, Fiance and I went to have a meal before going to a comedy show that Brad desperately wanted to watch. We ordered our food at 7 and at 8.30pm our food still hadn`t arrived. We missed the show and Brad went up to politely ask (too right) where our food was. Les (manager) came out, miserable as sin and leaned across the bar, half heartedly asked Brad whats wrong, Brad explained and Les` response was " Well you shouldn`t have come to the IOW for quick service". We were shocked. There were tourists who heard this. Embarrasing. Then he said, " I haven`t had a day off since Christmas, my Mum died the other day and I`m tired, I hate my job". He also called us "Jammy Bastards" for being able to come and eat out. Disgusting. For someone that works hard in the industry and both of my jobs involve talking to people, I am disgusted how we were treated and I advise that no one go there. It was horrible and we were appalled by such disrespectful service. THE PIG & WHISTLE.

1  Thank poppy d
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant as saw it advertised with 'kids eat free' deals. Could find a car park so parked on the road nearby.

We were the only customers so order was taken immediately and for 2 adults and 3 children we paid £40 which we thought was great value. Food took a long time to arrive but was very nice - try the chilli burger......nobody on our table left anything!

Would eat here again!