“Excellent”

Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Shanklin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Having been fairly dissatisfied with the food at the hotel where.we were staying....along the esplanade we found this hotel and had
dinner there. It was excellent, extremely reasonably priced and
our waitress was delightful. It was our last night In Shanklin, alas,so we weren’t able to revisit.’

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank kimgrant

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We popped in here for dinner having walked along the esplanade and seen how busy it was it our regular haunts the Steamer and Waterfront. It was quiet outside with only two other tables occupied, but I grabbed a menu which had a reasonable choice of dishes albeit limited. I had fish and chips, well why not the sea view was splendid, my wife had chicken Ho Sin. The food was served very quickly and was enjoyable and the atmosphere much quieter than next door, no kids, I do adore my eight grandkids but enjoy quieter mealtimes. For those who want a quieter and enjoyable meal without the background noise it’s for you.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

What a lovely place to stay and dine right on the sea front,comfortable dining room with superb food,superb service with a very extensive menu with prices that don`t break the bank I met Annette (Blanchett) who gave me a lot of various details including the fact they have an agreement for a special price for the ferry crossing to I.O.W.if we are ever in Shanklin again we will certainly at least visit The Aqua..IF YOU WANT TO EAT HER ADVISEABLE TO BOOK.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Did not plan to eat here but one of the pubs next door which was too busy to be able to sit outside. Tried this place. Both wanted scampi and chips and although not on the menu the staff were happy to do this instead of fish and chips. Did not have long to wait. Young waitress was very friendly. Food although not huge portions was presented well and tasted good. The owner I think who came out to clear the drinks from the table was very friendly. Would return in future.

1  Thank malibulover2013
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We didn’t manage to eat at the Aqua. We rang ahead to book and the rude staff member on the phone told me that they didn’t allow children after 6 so we would have to eat in the bar where you couldn’t book. So you have to show up and hope you get a table.
So we decided to try anyway, we arrived to find the same rude member of staff, the bar was quiet and there were tables available but we didn’t stay to eat. The bar reminded me of a working men’s club, out dated and cheap.
We turned around and found a much more welcoming place to eat.

3  Thank sam c