“Unambisious ”

Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Shanklin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

How on earth did this place get so high ratings and good rumours. We went there with high hopes after reading good reviews, the best on The Esplanade? Well, it isn’t. We had the large crab and shrimp salad, and nothing on the plate was fresh, not even of a decent quality (flour-textured, waterish shrimps from salt brine. Generic brown crab, waterish taste and texture. Origin ‘atlantic’...) Even the salad was without glory. No local products. We also had other items, but nothing to tell about. They must have changed the chef since last year(?), at least judging by the reviews over the last years. I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant now, the way it is in it’s 2018-season.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Having been fairly dissatisfied with the food at the hotel where.we were staying....along the esplanade we found this hotel and had
dinner there. It was excellent, extremely reasonably priced and
our waitress was delightful. It was our last night In Shanklin, alas,so we weren’t able to revisit.’

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank kimgrant
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We popped in here for dinner having walked along the esplanade and seen how busy it was it our regular haunts the Steamer and Waterfront. It was quiet outside with only two other tables occupied, but I grabbed a menu which had a reasonable choice of dishes albeit limited. I had fish and chips, well why not the sea view was splendid, my wife had chicken Ho Sin. The food was served very quickly and was enjoyable and the atmosphere much quieter than next door, no kids, I do adore my eight grandkids but enjoy quieter mealtimes. For those who want a quieter and enjoyable meal without the background noise it’s for you.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

What a lovely place to stay and dine right on the sea front,comfortable dining room with superb food,superb service with a very extensive menu with prices that don`t break the bank I met Annette (Blanchett) who gave me a lot of various details including the fact they have an agreement for a special price for the ferry crossing to I.O.W.if we are ever in Shanklin again we will certainly at least visit The Aqua..IF YOU WANT TO EAT HER ADVISEABLE TO BOOK.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Did not plan to eat here but one of the pubs next door which was too busy to be able to sit outside. Tried this place. Both wanted scampi and chips and although not on the menu the staff were happy to do this instead of fish and chips. Did not have long to wait. Young waitress was very friendly. Food although not huge portions was presented well and tasted good. The owner I think who came out to clear the drinks from the table was very friendly. Would return in future.

1  Thank malibulover2013