“Enjoy a great island with an even better host”

Foxhills of Shanklin
Ranked #5 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Foxhills in Shanklin is a charming small nice B&B. It is very calm and quiet though close to the center of Shanklin with many bars and restaurants. The host is a great character and I immediately felt like at home. I can recommend to go to Foxhills, Shanklin if you are looking forward to relaxing or discovering the southern part of the Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having been unable to get a last minute booking at some other establishments through Red Funnel this hotel was recommended by them and we were not disappointed.

The host James is charming and was very welcoming upon our arrival, helping with our luggage and showing us around the property before escorting us to our room and then providing a pot of tea and home made chocolates in the drawing room. Our room, the Carisbrooke was very clean, spacious and comfortable with a separate dressing area and ensuite bathroom. The jacuzzi which we had all to ourselves was nice to relax in before heading out to dinner. The hotel is a short five minute walk away from the many restaurants and pubs in town. I loved the idea of the Restauarant Review booklets in the breakfast room where guests are encouraged to write a short review of where they have dined and leave an unbiased opinion for other guests. James has also put together a very informative guide to the island with suggested walks, drives and cycle routes.

The breakfast is very good - a lovely choice of fresh fruits and berries, home made jams, cereals, and yoghurts to start and a good choice of cooked to order eggs and a Full English.

All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ensuite but the superior rooms are more spacious - the Carisbrooke is recommended.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friendly welcome to a very clean and comfortable hotel. I was only staying one night on business and found the spar pool a very relaxing way to unwind after a day working. A short work from the hotel takes you into the centre of Shanklin where you will find a good selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Foxhills for 4 nights whilst away with work. The B&B is well located, very close to Old Shanklin but far enough away to relax. When arriving at the B&B James came and greeted me and took my bag to my room for me. Which was a nice touch. He showed me round the B&B, and made me feel at home.

My room was large enough for me, and nicely decorated. The bathroom was large and clean.

I ate regularly at Foxhills and the food was always great. Scampi especially. The breakfast was very good, large range of cereals, fresh fruits and juices to start and then a wide choice of hot food. All very good standard, and James takes pride in making sure guests have enough tea, coffee and toast.

James & Paula have a nice quiet lounge area that guests can sit in which is lovely if it is cold or raining. If sunny, they have a terrace area to enjoy. I did not use the spa facilities, but these would be great for a relaxing break.

I have stayed in many places on the Island, but this is the first place I have felt completely comfortable and at home, this is very important to me when traveling alone. The food is first class and James cannot possibly do enough for you, whatever you need, he will try to accommodate. Would definitely stay here again on business or for personal travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

James and Paula, welcome you and are very attentive and helpful.
Location I ideal for Old Village and restaurants, guest reviews are very useful to help chose the right place.

Rooms are comfortable and clean.

We will return for anoter stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Every year we visit Foxhills for our anniversary break and every year we are not disappointed. From the extensive menu choice to the décor (the rooms have been recently refurbished) to James and Paula's professional approach of nothing being to much to please and give an out standing time with them. BUT this time we were given a discount because we booked directly with them instead of going through a booking agency, WOW truly AMAZING.

Room Tip: We always choose the Carrisbrooke suite, because it has an ajoining dressing room. It is at the fron...
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Lovely place to stay, very friendly and welcoming. Nice and close to town centre and lovely little shops. would go back and recommend to friends/family.
Also MUST try the homemade jam It was amazing overall stay was 10/10

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Georgie2785
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Clifton
#2 of 51 in Shanklin
Keats Cottage B&B
Keats Cottage B&B
#4 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Foxhills of Shanklin? Share your experiences!