All reviewsblack pudding stackbeauty treatmentsthe perfect hostisle of wighthomemade jamsnothing is too much troublered squirrelson arrivalbreakfast menufull englishhotel owneran excellent place to staybreakfast roomhot tubstayed for two nightscomfortable bedpot of tea
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I recently stayed at Foxhills for a 2 night weekend break. It is ideally situated within easy walking distance of Shanklin (personally one of my favourite places on the island), which has a myriad of restaurants and pubs to choose from.

We were welcomed by James, who kindly carried our bags to our room after giving us the grand tour. Every effort was made to personalise our stay, and he seemed to remember all the guests names to welcome them to breakfast etc.. Everything was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very nice, and the spa/jacuzzi was very welcome after a day's walking. We also enjoyed sitting in the garden with a beer reading the weekend papers.

I would highly recommend Foxhills, and will definately return if and when I next visit the island.

Reviewed 9 July 2007

I have stayed in many hotels on the Isle of Wight over a period of 20 plus years, but never have I received such a FABULOUS welcome and enjoyed such a LOVELY stay at any hotel untill I stayed at FOXHILLS !! The welcome we got from James as we drove into the car park was unprecidented , never before have I arrived at a hotel to be greeted actually in the car park by the owner who then proceeded to open my door ! ( your a true genteleman James ) and from the moment we entered the Hotel and were shown to our room , we just knew that this stay was going to be something special !

The cleanliness throughout the whole hotel is outstanding and the breakfasts are just to die for ! and as for the cocktail menu ! well what can I say !! When you stay there you must try the " Totland Totty " or was it the " Shanklin Sherry " I can't remember they were all so good ! Thank you soooooo ! much Paula and James for a truly memorable stay , we will return soon !

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 July 2007

Absolutely loved the Foxhills!
Stayed there 2 nights with my boyfriend and we felt very comfortable and welcome. James is one amazing host! - helpful, professional and informative. On arrival we were welcomed by our first names and after short tour of premises he served us refreshment drinks in our room. Level of service in this B&B was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. On our last day, he served delicious scrambled eggs and salmon for (early) breakfast, checked train timetable for us and even offered lift to the station. Our room was very pretty, spotless clean and had king size bed. Dressing area with table/desk and bathroom was excellent too. It was an absolute pleasure to stay at the Foxhills and we will definitely be back.
Marzena and Marcin

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank marzenka
Reviewed 8 July 2007

A most memorable stay. James was there to greet us upon our arrival and he helped to unload the car, followed by a tour of the hotel and a most welcoming pot of tea with delicous chocolates.Nothing was too much trouble for James.It was our first time on the Isle and the only bad thing was the weather. It poured down on our first day and James saw that we were wet through and offered to dry our clothes. They were ready the next day when we went for breakfast.
Talking of which, the breakfast was excellent, with such choice.
He had set up an ingenious idea where the guests could fill in a card with regards to where they ate and what they rated the experience as. All of these reviews were readily available in alphabetical order. 10 out of 10 for clever ideas to make the stay more appreciative.
James was always friendly and remembered everybodies name.
The rooms were lovely and very clean. I didn't think you could get a shower that sparkly.
Room service was free, yes free. Makes a pleasent change.
A lot of time and effort had also gone into preparing car routes around the Isle, which included short detours to include the beauty of the Isle.
I could go on, but people only want to read so much. Recommend Foxhills to all of our friends.

Reviewed 6 July 2007

What can I say that has not already been said. Beautiful room,beautiful food and most of all the service. This hotel excells in hospitality, nothing is too much trouble. James is the perfect host. I would highly recomend for comfort, and location. We will definately be going back.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple