Luccombe Hall Hotel(Shanklin)
The Fernbank(Shanklin)
US$127
US$164
US$148
The Waterfront Inn(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe perfect hostblack pudding stackbeauty treatmentssnack menuisle of wightmarmaladered squirrelsfull englishnothing is too much troublepower showerbreakfast was excellenton arrivalfresh fruitno hesitation in recommendingpot of teastayed for two nightsrelaxing break
Reviewed 23 July 2007

A wonderful small hotel that has much to offer. James was so welcoming and could not do enough to help us throughout our stay. Excellent breakfasts and the whirlpool was a real treat. I will be recommending it to all my friends.

Reviewed 11 July 2007

We needed a break and only had a weekend to get away so we decided to return to Foxhills hoping all would be as it was last year. It wasn't; it was better! Despite choosing the wettest weekend of the year we had a wonderful break. James and Paula greeted us as old friends and we were able to enjoy the spa and room service on the Saturday when we didn't fancy going out. We were so glad that we went. We will be back next time we need a quick break!

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I recently stayed at Foxhills for a 2 night weekend break. It is ideally situated within easy walking distance of Shanklin (personally one of my favourite places on the island), which has a myriad of restaurants and pubs to choose from.

We were welcomed by James, who kindly carried our bags to our room after giving us the grand tour. Every effort was made to personalise our stay, and he seemed to remember all the guests names to welcome them to breakfast etc.. Everything was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very nice, and the spa/jacuzzi was very welcome after a day's walking. We also enjoyed sitting in the garden with a beer reading the weekend papers.

I would highly recommend Foxhills, and will definately return if and when I next visit the island.

Reviewed 9 July 2007

I have stayed in many hotels on the Isle of Wight over a period of 20 plus years, but never have I received such a FABULOUS welcome and enjoyed such a LOVELY stay at any hotel untill I stayed at FOXHILLS !! The welcome we got from James as we drove into the car park was unprecidented , never before have I arrived at a hotel to be greeted actually in the car park by the owner who then proceeded to open my door ! ( your a true genteleman James ) and from the moment we entered the Hotel and were shown to our room , we just knew that this stay was going to be something special !

The cleanliness throughout the whole hotel is outstanding and the breakfasts are just to die for ! and as for the cocktail menu ! well what can I say !! When you stay there you must try the " Totland Totty " or was it the " Shanklin Sherry " I can't remember they were all so good ! Thank you soooooo ! much Paula and James for a truly memorable stay , we will return soon !

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 July 2007

Absolutely loved the Foxhills!
Stayed there 2 nights with my boyfriend and we felt very comfortable and welcome. James is one amazing host! - helpful, professional and informative. On arrival we were welcomed by our first names and after short tour of premises he served us refreshment drinks in our room. Level of service in this B&B was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. On our last day, he served delicious scrambled eggs and salmon for (early) breakfast, checked train timetable for us and even offered lift to the station. Our room was very pretty, spotless clean and had king size bed. Dressing area with table/desk and bathroom was excellent too. It was an absolute pleasure to stay at the Foxhills and we will definitely be back.
Marzena and Marcin

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank marzenka