All reviewsblack pudding stackbeauty treatmentsthe perfect hostisle of wighthomemade jamsnothing is too much troublered squirrelson arrivalbreakfast menufull englishhotel owneran excellent place to staybreakfast roomhot tubstayed for two nightscomfortable bedpot of tea
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Yet another stay and yet another perfect holiday at Foxhills. This must be the 5th or 6th time in a couple of years we have stayed at this hotel and every single time it is flawless. First off the hosts James and Paula will welcome and accommodate you to the best that is humanly possible. You will be waited on hand and foot from early morning until late evening. The hotel itself is spotless in every room with a warm and homely feel. You wont have a poor meal here either. Breakfast is packed to the nines with fresh fruit, home made products, fresh tea and coffee, juice of all kinds, cereals.. the list goes on and on. You can also order snacks up until late evening which are as amazing as their breakfasts. As for the rooms. They are all slightly themed and well decorated. They are he cleanest rooms I have ever seen in a hotel and are thoroughly checked every day. Dont feel you need to rush out of the room first thing in the morning as the cleaners will normally arrive after 10am and if you want to stay in bed longer they will happily leave you in peace. Each room has new fittings of showers toilets etc.. and yet again they are maintained with 5 star precision. The hotel also has a spa which can be used for private sessions at your discretion up until 9pm. There are a range of other services and treatments available on request and at varying prices. It really comes as no suprise that this hotel has won so many awards.

I could spend all day writing about Foxhills but the bottom line is we went there to recover from a terrible start to one bad holiday and we have never been anywhere else since.

Big thanks to James and Paula..

From Dan and Nicole in Reading.

Reviewed 23 July 2007

Went to Isle of Wight for my birthday weekend and chose to stay at Foxhills. (excellent choice!) After being greeted by James the hotel owner in the car park who after a warm welcome carried both mine and my patners bags to our room. I knew i had made the right choice of hotel. Both James and Paula made us feel very welcome all through our stay.
During our stay my partner and i took advantage of the spa bath (after alot of sight seeing our private session was the perfect way to un-wind) before getting ready for dinner by the sea! The hotel is in a perfect quiet location but only a few minutes walk from local pubs and restaraunts and also the lovely sandy beach and Shanklin Chine.
I think Foxhills is perfect for couples on a little break like me! it was a five star experience. I'll definately return.
Thanks James and Paula for making our stay one to remember.

Sunny and Carly

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 July 2007

A wonderful small hotel that has much to offer. James was so welcoming and could not do enough to help us throughout our stay. Excellent breakfasts and the whirlpool was a real treat. I will be recommending it to all my friends.

Reviewed 11 July 2007

We needed a break and only had a weekend to get away so we decided to return to Foxhills hoping all would be as it was last year. It wasn't; it was better! Despite choosing the wettest weekend of the year we had a wonderful break. James and Paula greeted us as old friends and we were able to enjoy the spa and room service on the Saturday when we didn't fancy going out. We were so glad that we went. We will be back next time we need a quick break!

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I recently stayed at Foxhills for a 2 night weekend break. It is ideally situated within easy walking distance of Shanklin (personally one of my favourite places on the island), which has a myriad of restaurants and pubs to choose from.

We were welcomed by James, who kindly carried our bags to our room after giving us the grand tour. Every effort was made to personalise our stay, and he seemed to remember all the guests names to welcome them to breakfast etc.. Everything was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very nice, and the spa/jacuzzi was very welcome after a day's walking. We also enjoyed sitting in the garden with a beer reading the weekend papers.

I would highly recommend Foxhills, and will definately return if and when I next visit the island.