We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Clifton Hotel and want to say a big thank you to David, Carys and the rest of the staff for making our stay most enjoyable. We had a standard room which was very clean and welcoming, with everything you could wish for. We booked on a half board basis and were very happy with the breakfast choice and the evening meals offered. The staff were attentive and friendly and tried their best to please. We would definitely return and next time book a sea view room. We only booked at the last minute so took the last room available. David kindly sorted out booking the car ferry for us at very short notice - very impressed! Have stayed in other hotels in the area and this is by far the best. You will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton’s privileged location on the cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The Conservatory Bistro offers a stunning view of the bay which can also be enjoyed from the lovely garden offering the perfect visual tonic to relax and revitalise, perhaps with a good book and an English Cream Tea, or refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, SpeedyBooker.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight