I visitedthis hotel on a business trip late may 2013. Straight away I got a great welcome and got told that they had upgraded my room as the hotel wasnt busy. Got shown to my room which had a balcony with fab views over the solent along with its own telescope. The room was really comfortable but I did have major problems with the bathroom. I couldn't get the shower hot for however long I ran it for and ended up having a 10 second run through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton's privileged location on the Shanklin cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The stunning view of Shanklin bay can be enjoyed from the lounge and bar, where light meals are available all day. We also cater for gluten free diets. In the award winning cliff top garden you can also take advantage of the fabulous sea view, warm Isle of Wight sunshine, wonderful sea air, and refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight