Had a girls weekend in May 2013 and had a lovely break. On arrival we had a warm welcome, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the complementary bathroom goodies were fab. The bedding was crisp white and the selection of tea's, coffee's and hot chocolate was a pleasant treat. The one and only niggle was there wasn't a coat hook on the back of the door, but this is just a minor detail. The Clifton has spectacular views over the solent and is within walking distance of the very pretty Shanklin old village, everything is at hand. We had our evening meal at the Clifton and the menu combined traditional with something a little different, presentation was excellent as was the service. In the morning we woke to a very inviting breakfast, the choice was superb and the cooked Full English is a must. Already making plans to return this summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton's privileged location on the Shanklin cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The stunning view of Shanklin bay can be enjoyed from the lounge and bar, where light meals are available all day. We also cater for gluten free diets. In the award winning cliff top garden you can also take advantage of the fabulous sea view, warm Isle of Wight sunshine, wonderful sea air, and refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight