Spent a short break here in June and found the hotel excellent. We booked a cosy room as we were only staying a couple of nights and found it had all that we needed. The room was spotlessly clean as was the on suite shower room. Everything was obviously new or recently decorated; the bed was very comfy too and the room had all that one might need. The views from the front of the hotel where the garden, seating deck and dining room look out over the sea was excellent. The hosts and the rest of the staff at the hotel made us very welcome and worked hard to make our stay a very pleasant one. Breakfast was from a big choice and was simply lovely. We also ate dinner one night and the food was very good with a good choice on the main and specials menus - did not get to desert as the starters and main meals were both plentiful and very tasty. Overall a lovely and relaxing place to stay and we will hopefully be back when we have our next short break on the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton’s privileged location on the cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility. The Conservatory Bistro offers a stunning view of the bay which can also be enjoyed from the lovely garden offering the perfect visual tonic to relax and revitalise, perhaps with a good book and an English Cream Tea, or refreshments from the licensed bar. Local is Best……with prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. The garden opens out to Keats Green and the lovely walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay. This also leads to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Clifton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- Clifton Hotel Shanklin
- The Clifton Shanklin, Isle Of Wight