“Fantastic all round”
Review of Shanklin Hotel

Shanklin Hotel
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Shanklin Hotel offers a good friendly base for a holiday. I found the location very good. Very close to the sea front as well as being a short walk way from the shops. The hotel is clean and smart and offers a friendly welcome.

There is a good variety of food to choose from and all is cooked well and tastes delicious.

The room has everything you'll need and overall is clean and tidy. The bed was on the firm side which was perfect for me and my fellow coach party travellers found it comfy too.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Toptraveller73
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am really pleased you had a fantastic time and that you found the hotel to be the perfect friendly base for your holiday. I was also delighted to read your lovely comments about the food and your room and I hope you will enjoy another holiday with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for a week full board with the ferry trip included in the package, thus saving us the hassle of booking the ferry.
The room was very clean and comfortable. The double bed was gigantic ( there was also a single bed in the room).
The only fault we could find with the room, was that during the evening when my wife wanted to rest after dinner before we went out in search of Real Ale, we could hear the entertainment from the Starlite Room as clearly as if it was in our room. This is the only reason we did not give an "excellent" rating.
The food was fantastic, a new menu each day with lots of choice, including several vegetarian options. My wife is a vegetarian and was very pleased with the choice available to her.
The restaurant staff were always cheerful and pleasant and nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
As soon as they realised my wife was a wheelchair user, they changed our table to one with easy access where we would not inconvenience other diners when we wanted to reach our table.
There was plenty of parking available with a dedicated disabled area close to the front door.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

Room Tip: We chose a larger than average room to accommodate my wife's wheelchair
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am really pleased you and your wife enjoyed your holiday and that you enjoyed the food and the service from the restaurant staff. I hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

we stay 2 nights , everything was perfect , amazing and professional staff , very nice views from our room , very good food , entertainment in the night was wonderful , we dance a lot .
our room was very clean an cosy with amazing views to the sea.
near town and sea promenade .
nice indoor swimming pool , sauna and jacuzy .
can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: try to choose a sea view room , you will not regret ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joao F
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. It was lovely to read so many good comments about your stay including your room, the food and the staff. I hope you can come back soon and carry on dancing!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Nothing to fault with this hotel, I have probably been to this hotel 5 times so far and each time it is as good as the last, as a coach driver I tend to listen to my passengers and have never had a complaint about this hotel. Food is always excellent, staff never changes and are always happy and helpful, rooms are very good and clean and the hotel position very good. My company can keep sending here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TerryMitchell
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am pleased you have enjoyed so many holidays with us and that you would love to come back! It was also really nice to hear that all of your passengers were happy as well. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Back again for our second year as part of a large group (150+) of car enthusiasts. Very comfortable stay. Food very good. Room clean and quiet apart from corridor fire door closures which need could do with being damped.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GFW321
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am pleased you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed the room and the food. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

went back again for easter for 5 days same as we did last year (2011) and we were very happy to do so had heard that they had refurbished 55 rooms and it turned out to be true our room (53) had been decorated in nice neutral colours and had matching duvets carpets, curtains and head board along with crisp clean sheets.Food was up to usual standard and presented well staff friendly and helpful,facilities also good if i had one complaint room had no centre light and no make up mirror for my wife will go again if funds allow

Room Tip: top floor rooms less noisy from squeaky floorboards
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tatterjack41
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This Hotel is a fantastic it is well located and the rooms are excelent and the food well if you complain you should stay its fantastic. the staff couldnt do enough for you, we will go again.

Room Tip: Pay a supplemant and you can have a sea view....but then you are not in the room long enough
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank quitemystic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Bayshore Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Ocean View Hotel
Ocean View Hotel
#14 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Shanklin Hotel? Share your experiences!