Shanklin Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Esplanade Hotel(Shanklin)
View Hotel
All reviewsalfa travelsea viewalfa coachshort mat bowlsdining roomcoach partiesrestaurant staffisle of wightolder generationgood sizeswimming poolmeal timestable tennisreception staffself drivegreat entertainmentevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Shanklin Hotel offers a good friendly base for a holiday. I found the location very good. Very close to the sea front as well as being a short walk way from the shops. The hotel is clean and smart and offers a friendly welcome.

There is a good variety of food to choose from and all is cooked well and tastes delicious.

The room has everything you'll need and overall is clean and tidy. The bed was on the firm side which was perfect for me and my fellow coach party travellers found it comfy too.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Toptraveller73
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am really pleased you had a fantastic time and that you found the hotel to be the perfect friendly base for your holiday. I was also delighted to read your lovely comments about the food and your room and I hope you will enjoy another holiday with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for a week full board with the ferry trip included in the package, thus saving us the hassle of booking the ferry.
The room was very clean and comfortable. The double bed was gigantic ( there was also a single bed in the room).
The only fault we could find with the room, was that during the evening when my wife wanted to rest after dinner before we went out in search of Real Ale, we could hear the entertainment from the Starlite Room as clearly as if it was in our room. This is the only reason we did not give an "excellent" rating.
The food was fantastic, a new menu each day with lots of choice, including several vegetarian options. My wife is a vegetarian and was very pleased with the choice available to her.
The restaurant staff were always cheerful and pleasant and nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
As soon as they realised my wife was a wheelchair user, they changed our table to one with easy access where we would not inconvenience other diners when we wanted to reach our table.
There was plenty of parking available with a dedicated disabled area close to the front door.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

Room Tip: We chose a larger than average room to accommodate my wife's wheelchair
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am really pleased you and your wife enjoyed your holiday and that you enjoyed the food and the service from the restaurant staff. I hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

we stay 2 nights , everything was perfect , amazing and professional staff , very nice views from our room , very good food , entertainment in the night was wonderful , we dance a lot .
our room was very clean an cosy with amazing views to the sea.
near town and sea promenade .
nice indoor swimming pool , sauna and jacuzy .
can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: try to choose a sea view room , you will not regret ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joao F
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. It was lovely to read so many good comments about your stay including your room, the food and the staff. I hope you can come back soon and carry on dancing!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Nothing to fault with this hotel, I have probably been to this hotel 5 times so far and each time it is as good as the last, as a coach driver I tend to listen to my passengers and have never had a complaint about this hotel. Food is always excellent, staff never changes and are always happy and helpful, rooms are very good and clean and the hotel position very good. My company can keep sending here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TerryMitchell
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am pleased you have enjoyed so many holidays with us and that you would love to come back! It was also really nice to hear that all of your passengers were happy as well. I look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Back again for our second year as part of a large group (150+) of car enthusiasts. Very comfortable stay. Food very good. Room clean and quiet apart from corridor fire door closures which need could do with being damped.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GFW321
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Shanklin Hotel. I am pleased you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed the room and the food. I hope to see you again in the future.