“Lovely hotel, great service”
Review of Shanklin Hotel

Shanklin Hotel
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at Shanklin Hotel 28th - 30th March with my boyfriend. I booked via phone with great customer service and got a great deal!
We had return ferry, 3 course dinner and breakfast each day and night and 2 nights stay for £200!!
I pre-warned them that I am intolerant to wheat and only eat wheatfree food. I was shocked and overwhelmed that they catered to my dietary requirement 100%! I had my own personalised wheatfree menu for dinner and gluten/wheatfree bread for breakfast. I found that IOW was great for gluten/wheat free choices to be honest.
All round the food was nice and the waitering service was very prompt!

The room was lovely (but a little warm), good size, TV, usual coffee tea facilities and toiletries.

The location was perfect (turn left and you are at the sea front, turn right, 5-10 min walk and it will take you to the new/old town).

We used the swimming pool and used the hotel towels from reception and we used the sauna.

I recommend this hotel to anyone and I would also advise to call the hotel for a quote first, as I got it cheaper than online.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zaranorthampton
Graeme P, Manager at Shanklin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review of your stay! We always do our best to look after all of our guests and our chef is always keen for all guests to enjoy his food. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have once again returned from the Shanklin Hotel after another Masonic Lodge Ladies Weekend. This hotel did not disappoint us. Although a lot of people arrived together at the hotel , the check in process was swift and efficient. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and couldnt do enough for you.
Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable,with good quality bed linen and nice fluffy towels.
We had a choice of food on the friday night, which was cooked really well and served piping hot and to all the table at once. The Saturday night was a set meal but this was really superb. Again piping hot and everyone served together, which is no mean feat when there were about 140 of us in the dining hall. Bar and drinks prices were reasonable.
You can either take a short walk into Shanklin town or as the hotel is very near the cliff which leads to the promenade, take a slow stroll into Sandown.
A great weekend was had by all from the comments I heard and I would not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind review of you and your groups stay with us. I am glad you all had such a great time, it was a pleasure to look after you all!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Rooms were warm and comfortable, food was amazing and served HOT, staff were friendly and very helpful. The amenities were excellent and the prices more than reasonable. Off the main road and with a seaview location I would recommend this hotel whether you want a quiet family get away or a large group visit like we did and we hope to be returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review - I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Rooms are spacious and comfortable, food is amazing, staff are friendly and helpful. The amenities are excellent and the prices more than reasonable. With a seaview location I would recommend this hotel whether you want a quiet family get away or a large group visit like we did and we will definitely be returning

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely review of the Shanklin Hotel. I'm glad to hear that you and your group had such a great time!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The staff are lovely. The rooms were spacious. I was in a single. Great place for a large venue at great prices.....Can't complain really! Shanklin could do with more tourism. It's a little tired, but good for charity shops. The hotel is very near the cliff which leads down to the promenade, that has some nice pubs and restaurants. If you like cazy golf.. It's a must! Location wise it is brilliant. Be warned the cliff lift is out of action during winter months.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Graeme P, Manager at Shanklin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your very kind review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be very happy to pass your comments onto the staff who looked after you!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

a large party of us was there last weekend (21/2/14) and I have to say the staff were very helpful ans friendly the food was lovely and the rooms very comfortable. The hotel has an indoor pool which is very clean along with a jacuzzi and steam room. I would highly recommend this hotel to people wanting to go to the isle of wight

1  Thank Kimwhestley1
Graeme P, Manager at Shanklin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you so much for your stay over the weekend and for your review. I am glad you all enjoyed the weekend and hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just got back from a long weekend break here and i cant fault the hotel, we found the it was excellent value and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, the food was excellent too, would advise anyone to book here and we will be going back again.
Thank you to all the staff who made our weekend so good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your review of your stay over the weekend. It was a pleasure to have you all and so glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Channel View Hotel
#37 of 51 in Shanklin
Melbourne - Ardenlea Hotel
Melbourne - Ardenlea Hotel
#45 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Shanklin Hotel? Share your experiences!