“dont go”
Review of Langham Court

Langham Court
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 31 October 2011

stay away from this hotel its the worst hotel ive ever stayed in terrible food everything about this hotel is nasty

Room Tip: choose a front facing rooms they might be better than the back one we had
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Spent a most enjoyable eight day holiday with a friend on a Glenton Tour and have no complaints whatever. Accommodation adequate, food excellent and plentiful, staff very friendly and helpful and entertainment first class, especially Steve who had the guests joining in and was very funny. Our driver William Scott looked after us well and took us on lots of days out to see different parts of the island. I'd certainly come again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank magrob333
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel as a bad vibe going though the Hol hotel all because of one person the manager she is so so unhelpfull and grumpy and depresing to see sat behind the reception desk u need someone friendly and helpful the owner of this hotel needs to get her behind the seans and out the way or even better gon all together. The restraint staff friendly food ok rooms ok. But would never go back there again. I felt sorry for our driver she was so nasty to him I witnessed this my self and he was a nice chap looked after us well and she treated him like something she had stepped in shes a big Boole.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Sharon883
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Nice clean comfortable hotel, staff very friendly, Meals were good portions although some were not to my taste but then each to their own....the swimming pool was great although not very big, our group of 4 adults had plenty of room to swim. The entertainment was really good .I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just returned from a very enjoyable 5 day holiday staying at the Langham Court.
Yes the hotel is dated as are most of the buildings on the I.O.W. so no problem there.
The room was small but clean and tidy, the service was fine, the tv worked perfectly and the water was always hot for a shower etc. The evening entertainment was superb. The only complaint I had was one evening I was given a bad pint. after drinking a bit of it I took it back, they gave me a fresh drink and made me pay for that as well as the original pint even though they admitted that the first one was off. My wife and I made some good friendships during our stay and I must thank Travel Style with particular mention regarding our Driver (GLYNN) who was brilliant the whole of our stay.

Steve

Reviewed 7 August 2011

found this hotel to be better than expected room was small but didn't spend much time in there bathroom quite large shower hit and miss.dining very organised no waiting for food. food ok nice concert room, indoor pool looked nice but never went in to busy on trips out .would stay again

1  Thank darlomag
Reviewed 18 July 2011

For the price we paid this was just right. The decor was tired, old-fashioned but clean and everything worked. The swimming pool was great. Quite funny over the top Greek decor in the basement with deckchairs. However, rather effective and we had a laugh there. Entertainment was alright and the location was just right inbetween the town centre of Shanklin and it's lovely beach.
Also, the hotel was right next door to three different take aways which was handy.
The bar was not overpriced for a hotel. There was a childrens room which was sweet for our 4 year old but probably not for anyone over 6. Apart from the pool it's basically a bed and breakfast. You get what you pay for and we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Family room was unexpectedly good with a connecting room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Medehamstede Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Holliers Hotel
Holliers Hotel
#26 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Langham Court? Share your experiences!