“Not the ritz but loved it”
Review of Langham Court

Langham Court
Ranked #45 of 52 Hotels in Shanklin
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Not the ritz but loved it”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just got back from a 4 day stay & have to say that we loved the place .
The food was fantastic & staff were brilliant .
We stayed in room 208 and had no problems at all . We had a bath with a shower & the water was lovely & hot .
I would defiantly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We went on the 17th September till 21st September, we had room 121 NOT GOOD on first floor.
A long corridor very narrow to get to room,very very small room and not at all clean,carpets were bad,shower a dribble it was scalding or freezing would not work with both taps on.
No heating on in rooms when i asked at reception was told we will put it on for 1 hour and that's what they did we were COLD in our room never again

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Roger H
LanghamCourt, Manager at Langham Court, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for your response I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. With regard tot he heating I agree it was put on for an hour as most guests did not want the hotel any warmer but, you were offered a heater for your room.

Travellers are raving about these Shanklin hotels

Coventry, England
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Can only imagine that some of the people who left detrimental comments regarding this place must have experienced a very temporary blip. Why? Simply we were left wanting more more more!

From the moment we arrived we experienced an amazingly friendly service! Even after a weaver fish attack on my partners foot, it was turned into a memorable experience for all the right reasons - and a source of amusement to all.

The banter was in free flow both ways, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, the bar was well stocked (The Guinness Surger is a sight to behold :-D), the entertainment is fun and the staff have a wonderful sense of mischief.

I would not hesitate to book here again, and will look forward to doing so again soon! (Do I get a discount for such a nice review? LOL)

Room Tip: The hotel is situated on a busy road, so a room away from the front is preferable, but obviously the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingGoldfish
LanghamCourt, Manager at Langham Court, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and had such a wonderful stay on the island. Your glowing report has left us quite delighted. We look forward to seeing you next year.
England
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently visited the island on a golfing trip with some friends. Langham Court may not be the 'Savoy' but it doesn't claim to be. It is exactly what it says it is, at a very reasonable, even 'budget' price. The landlady and staff are very friendly. The accomodation is clean and tidy. The breakfast's are lovely. You can even listen and watch regular evening entertainment if that is your thing. Judging by the 'coachloads' of visiting older folks, the Langham Court is a very popular stop off!!!
Well done to all concerned I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Many thanks.

Room Tip: Good value for money. A quiet night's sleep to the rear.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to seeing you again.
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I first visited Shanklin in 1961 and I wanted to return. We travel with Harry Shaw 3-4 times per year on various holidays without any complaints. Before we departed I read some of the reviews of this hotel. I actually dreaded going. I must admit that I agree with a high percentage of what people said bad about the hotel. There are apparently 200 plus rooms, there were two coaches visiting the week that we stayed, 44 on one coach and only 21 on the other coach so why on earth were we shoved into one of the smallest rooms I have ever had the misfortune to be placed in. The hotel is like a rabbit warren, down one corrider, left into another etc., I kept getting lost, one fire door opens the wrong way, inwards instead of outwards, You could not swing a cat round in the room, the bed was right up against the window so we had to climb across the bed to get into the side by the window, this at 65 years of age. As we were only there for 4 nights we did not bother to complain, plus the fact that we think things are done against you in other ways if you complain. There were no toiletries, such as soap, which we usually find awaiting us and which is changed every other day in the other hotels I have stayed in. There was no chair in the room and so our clothes were "hung up" on the floor when we retired. The bar is only open during the evening and so no pint for us on our return from a day out. We were roomed over the kitchen and coach park, we were told by others on our trip that their rooms were superb and had been recently refurbished. We have read in other reviews that they had biscuits in their room, we did not, only tea and coffee which you find in most hotels and B&B's. The dining room staff were lovely and friendly and the barman John was a joy. We also had the entertainment that Dor44een had, which I assume are the regulars, Patsy and the guy who said he was in the Tornadoes, we also walked out on him he was a disgrace after the great entertainment that we had seen on Mon, Tues and Wed. Once he started on racist jokes I was out of there, he was on about Indian Doctors all being over here etc., etc.,you can guess the ghist of the jokes, What I say is "if he were deaf and blind he would not care what nationality the person was who was trying to save his life". We loved the guitarist Phil on Tuesday, who did all our fav music, as did Tracy. We wanted the "free" wi-fi but actually you end up having to "donate" to a charity in order to receive the code for your laptop. One reviewer said he had face flannels, we only got a bath towel and a hand towel. The food was the highlight of the holiday, plenty of it and delivered speedily, we laughed at the soup each night because it was obviously the left over veg from the previous evening meal but we loved it. The hotel is tired and worn, it needs some TLC and instead of "adding to the building with extra rooms" why did they not refurb it to modern day standards. We stay in 3,4 and 5 star B&B's and Hotels all over the world but I do not consider this hotel as "worth the money". We stay in a 4 star B&B in Tintagel Cornwall and this B&B to me is of 5 star quality, this Langham Court was not 3 star quality. We will continue to go on holiday with Harry Shaw but never again back to the Langham Court.

Room Tip: If you are given room number 121 ask to be re-roomed immediately.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabeth R
Thank you so much for your review it was very enlightening. You have said some very pleasant words regarding the food and staff which is very good to hear. Firstly may I point out we are not 3,4or 5* and do not charge these prices, You came as part of a coach trip not as a private guest.
I am confused as to where you found we have over 200 rooms as we are a 60 room hotel. Should a guest come to reception and say they have a problem then we will do our best to resolve that problem to their satisfaction, Writting on Trip solves nothing for you during your stay and I asure you that we do not do "things against our guests" if they do come for help. There is a wardrobe in your room so why you laid your clothes on the floor I do not understand. The bar is opened whenever anyone asks for a drink so I am sorry you did not get a drink when you required one. We do not advertise FREE Wi Fi so I am unsure of this complaint but we do ask if you are willing to donate 50pence to the children's hospice, should you not wish to do this you will still get the password it is a "DONATION" not a payment. Entertainment is for adults and I am sorry you took offence at it.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Just back from our third family holiday this year to Langham court . From the moment you arrive you are made most welcome. From the manager Mrs C through the dining room staff , room service staff . to the two chefs nothing was too much trouble . Dickie and Waring are the chefs and the food is always piping hot and plentyful . Many thanks for looking after us and by the way Dickie .......WE WILL BE BACK..
Dave. Irene.Julie and Jean

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Dave S
LanghamCourt, Manager at Langham Court, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Hello Dave it was so nice to see you and the family again. It is good to hear that we lived up to expectations again. As you stay in many hotels it is always nice to hear your views.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have recently returned from a weeks holiday at the Langham Court on the Isle of Wight. I just want to say how much I enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and very helpful, nothing ever seemed to much for the majority of the staff.
The rooms were clean and tidy and had everything we needed in the rooms including, tea & coffee facilities, hair dryers and TV's. The rooms were serviced everyday and the towels were changed twice during the week and if requested (like we did) the towels were changed the same day.
The entertainment provided was varied and enjoyable to myself although, it may not have appealed to everybody in the hotel. Service in the restaurant was efficient and with a reasonable selection of food, the meals we had were pleasant and plentiful.
For the price we paid for this trip I feel we had great value of money and would recommend to friends.
If you want a 5 star hotel then pay 5 start prices if you want a hotel where you are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and where nothing seems to much trouble, then I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The heated indoor swimming pool is fantastic, Room 010 has a wonderful walk in shower and large bath...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SunshineBoy_12
It was nice of you to take time to write a review, thank you. It is always good to hear guests enjoyed their stay and found that the hotel lived up to expectations the staff appreciate hearing that they have given good service. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Braemar Hotel Shanklin
#21 of 52 in Shanklin
Sandringham Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
#7 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Langham Court? Share your experiences!