Langham Court
US$160
US$131
US$166
US$135
The Channel View Hotel(Shanklin)
US$146
US$52
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$192
All reviewstowels were changedhealth and safetymany thankscoach partiesvery pleasant staybit datedhigh streetshanklin chineentertainmentamusementdaveproprietor
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just got back from a 4 day stay & have to say that we loved the place .
The food was fantastic & staff were brilliant .
We stayed in room 208 and had no problems at all . We had a bath with a shower & the water was lovely & hot .
I would defiantly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We went on the 17th September till 21st September, we had room 121 NOT GOOD on first floor.
A long corridor very narrow to get to room,very very small room and not at all clean,carpets were bad,shower a dribble it was scalding or freezing would not work with both taps on.
No heating on in rooms when i asked at reception was told we will put it on for 1 hour and that's what they did we were COLD in our room never again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Roger H
LanghamCourt, Manager at Langham Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for your response I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. With regard tot he heating I agree it was put on for an hour as most guests did not want the hotel any warmer but, you were offered a heater for your room.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Can only imagine that some of the people who left detrimental comments regarding this place must have experienced a very temporary blip. Why? Simply we were left wanting more more more!

From the moment we arrived we experienced an amazingly friendly service! Even after a weaver fish attack on my partners foot, it was turned into a memorable experience for all the right reasons - and a source of amusement to all.

The banter was in free flow both ways, nothing was too much trouble, the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, the bar was well stocked (The Guinness Surger is a sight to behold :-D), the entertainment is fun and the staff have a wonderful sense of mischief.

I would not hesitate to book here again, and will look forward to doing so again soon! (Do I get a discount for such a nice review? LOL)

Room Tip: The hotel is situated on a busy road, so a room away from the front is preferable, but obviously the views just become buildings - that said, it was very close to the front anyways, and I'd rather experience it for real rather than just a view from a window!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingGoldfish
LanghamCourt, Manager at Langham Court, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and had such a wonderful stay on the island. Your glowing report has left us quite delighted. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently visited the island on a golfing trip with some friends. Langham Court may not be the 'Savoy' but it doesn't claim to be. It is exactly what it says it is, at a very reasonable, even 'budget' price. The landlady and staff are very friendly. The accomodation is clean and tidy. The breakfast's are lovely. You can even listen and watch regular evening entertainment if that is your thing. Judging by the 'coachloads' of visiting older folks, the Langham Court is a very popular stop off!!!
Well done to all concerned I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Many thanks.

Room Tip: Good value for money. A quiet night's sleep to the rear.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I first visited Shanklin in 1961 and I wanted to return. We travel with Harry Shaw 3-4 times per year on various holidays without any complaints. Before we departed I read some of the reviews of this hotel. I actually dreaded going. I must admit that I agree with a high percentage of what people said bad about the hotel. There are apparently 200 plus rooms, there were two coaches visiting the week that we stayed, 44 on one coach and only 21 on the other coach so why on earth were we shoved into one of the smallest rooms I have ever had the misfortune to be placed in. The hotel is like a rabbit warren, down one corrider, left into another etc., I kept getting lost, one fire door opens the wrong way, inwards instead of outwards, You could not swing a cat round in the room, the bed was right up against the window so we had to climb across the bed to get into the side by the window, this at 65 years of age. As we were only there for 4 nights we did not bother to complain, plus the fact that we think things are done against you in other ways if you complain. There were no toiletries, such as soap, which we usually find awaiting us and which is changed every other day in the other hotels I have stayed in. There was no chair in the room and so our clothes were "hung up" on the floor when we retired. The bar is only open during the evening and so no pint for us on our return from a day out. We were roomed over the kitchen and coach park, we were told by others on our trip that their rooms were superb and had been recently refurbished. We have read in other reviews that they had biscuits in their room, we did not, only tea and coffee which you find in most hotels and B&B's. The dining room staff were lovely and friendly and the barman John was a joy. We also had the entertainment that Dor44een had, which I assume are the regulars, Patsy and the guy who said he was in the Tornadoes, we also walked out on him he was a disgrace after the great entertainment that we had seen on Mon, Tues and Wed. Once he started on racist jokes I was out of there, he was on about Indian Doctors all being over here etc., etc.,you can guess the ghist of the jokes, What I say is "if he were deaf and blind he would not care what nationality the person was who was trying to save his life". We loved the guitarist Phil on Tuesday, who did all our fav music, as did Tracy. We wanted the "free" wi-fi but actually you end up having to "donate" to a charity in order to receive the code for your laptop. One reviewer said he had face flannels, we only got a bath towel and a hand towel. The food was the highlight of the holiday, plenty of it and delivered speedily, we laughed at the soup each night because it was obviously the left over veg from the previous evening meal but we loved it. The hotel is tired and worn, it needs some TLC and instead of "adding to the building with extra rooms" why did they not refurb it to modern day standards. We stay in 3,4 and 5 star B&B's and Hotels all over the world but I do not consider this hotel as "worth the money". We stay in a 4 star B&B in Tintagel Cornwall and this B&B to me is of 5 star quality, this Langham Court was not 3 star quality. We will continue to go on holiday with Harry Shaw but never again back to the Langham Court.

Room Tip: If you are given room number 121 ask to be re-roomed immediately.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth R

Thank you so much for your review it was very enlightening. You have said some very pleasant words regarding the food and staff which is very good to hear. Firstly may I point out we are not 3,4or 5* and do not charge these prices, You came as part of a coach trip not as a private guest.
I am confused as to where you found we have over 200 rooms as we are a 60 room hotel. Should a guest come to reception and say they have a problem then we will do our best to resolve that problem to their satisfaction, Writting on Trip solves nothing for you during your stay and I asure you that we do not do "things against our guests" if they do come for help. There is a wardrobe in your room so why you laid your clothes on the floor I do not understand. The bar is opened whenever anyone asks for a drink so I am sorry you did not get a drink when you required one. We do not advertise FREE Wi Fi so I am unsure of this complaint but we do ask if you are willing to donate 50pence to the children's hospice, should you not wish to do this you will still get the password it is a "DONATION" not a payment. Entertainment is for adults and I am sorry you took offence at it.