The Belmont Hotel & Restaurant
US$52
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$192
The Channel View Hotel(Shanklin)
US$146
US$142
All reviewsold villageisle of wightwell stocked bargreat hostshome from homelittle extrascomfortable bedlovely roomsea viewred squirrelsbreakfasts were excellentthe ground floora lovely staytea and coffee making facilitiesnight breakquiet locationfantastic hotel
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My partner and I have just recently returned from a long weekend at the Belmont Hotel staying in their four poster room on the top floor with great sea views. The hosts were very friendly and couldnt do enough for you. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and i would highly recommend this hotel for people who want to be near the old village in Shanklin as well as a short walk to the beach. We would definitely return to The Belmont when we go back to the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I had an extremely unpleasant experience at The Pink Beach Hotel situated on the seafront in Shanklin and had to find alternative accommodation in a hurry, on my own and very late at night. Many of the hotels nearby were closed for the night, luckily as it turned out, but The Belmont had a light on and I rang the bell, albeit not very hopefully. Lin, the proprietress, came down in her dressing gown and slippers with a huge smile of welcome on her face. I asked for a room for the night and was whisked in and signed in and upstairs in my clean, comfortable, warm, cosy, snug room in a matter of minutes. I could not have asked for a friendlier reception. After a most comfortable night's sleep, I went downstairs early for breakfast to be greeted with a large choice of continental style hams, cheeses, etc, fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts, breads and pastries, and was then asked what I would like for my cooked breakfast! I might add that this was not by a waiter/waitress but by the same lady who had got out of bed in the middle of the night to let me in, and again Lin had that warm and welcoming smile. When I left she and her husband Des came and waved me off from the top of the steps.

The hotel itself is a large Victorian house set at the top of the cliffs in the village of Shanklin. It is a lovely walk down to (and a longer, more arduous, but still beautiful walk up from) the beach where there are some delightful places to eat, again with very amenable staff. The hotel is spacious, has an outdoor swimming pool, and various lounge and TV rooms for those days when you don't want to go too far. I did ask if the swimming pool was open (jokingly as it was January and freezing) and was told that if I did want to use it, they would be happy to open it for me, one offer I did decline! Check out their website for reasonable prices and further information, www.belmont-iow.co.uk. Lin and Des are a lovely couple and I wish them every success for their future

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank E M M
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Friendly place with staff who'll do anything to help you. Rooms comfortable but a little dated. Breakfast was superb. Food on site was good and although a little expensive you got lots for your money. Well stocked bar with friendly service from the owners. Good location with parking. Very informative welcome pack in rooms. Would quite happily stay here again. It was nice that there were no young children.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 16 February 2011

If you're after a solid B&B with clean, tidy rooms and friendly service then you'll like this place. It's not plush, or a boutique but then it doesn't pretend to be. There's a roomy reception and lounge area, cozy bar and light and airy breakfast room. The breakfasts themselves are plentiful and cooked to order. Comfy bed too. The location is only a few minutes' walk to the sea front or picturesque old village. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stayed in the large superior room with a lovely four poster bed. Great touch with the toiletries, dressing gown and fluffy slippers!! Excellent breakfast with an incredible number of choices.

We went and it was a quiet time of the year but there were a few restaurants within walking distance. The sea front was also nearby which provided a lovely walk.

I would like to return - an excellent find.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple