We stayed here for a birthday treat and had a lovely time. The host was very welcoming, friendly and gave us some helpful directions to get around the local area. Our room was at the back of the hotel, overlooking the pool area (closed as we were off season, but it looks great!). The room was extremely comfortable and very clean. The toiletries were good quality and there was a nice selection of tea and coffee.
Breakfast was a highlight, a really great selection from the buffet table including home-made jams and marmite (a rare inclusion!) and the cooked breakfast was superb. Freshly prepared and the eggs were perfect, every day. No wonder it has won awards.
The bar area was the perfect place to unwind before an evening out, and the hotel has a lovely view across the lovely garden to the seafront.
We didn't encounter any problems with parking, but I expect in high season you might find a little bit of trouble with getting blocked in on the top carpark but the hotel have a good system for managing this. Overall we had a really lovely stay and would recommend it to anyone looking to totally relax on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight