3 of us have Just Returned from a weeks stay at this Hotel,and would thoroughly recommend it.Friendly hosts,comfortable clean rooms,great breakfasts.Good base for travelling around all the sights of the island.We had a double room with sea view,which was quite small but adequate,and my friend had a single room on the ground floor,which she said was fine for her.The swimming pool was an added bonus,not that we used it,too busy seeing everything there was to see on the Isle of Wight,we hadn' been there for 36 years but not a lot had really changed,the roads are a pleasure to drive on.We particularly liked the fact we were very close to the esplanade and Shanklin old village which had lots of places to eat and drink.Enjoed our stay there and would like to return sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight