We picked this hotel after reading a load of reviews for many different B&B's on the IOW. I read all the reviews for this one and decided to take a chance. What a good decision. The hotel was just what we wanted. It is spotlessly clean, very homely, and the owners
Anne and Dave are the perfect hosts. Nothing is too much trouble.
From our room we had a beautiful sea view. The beach is a three minute walk from the hotel. Shanklin Old village is a three minute walk in the opposite direction. Shankiln Chine is two minutes away. This hotel is so well placed for everything. But the thing that really sold us was the rooftop swimming pool. It is in a real suntrap corner. What a bonus. We enjoyed a morning and afternoon swim most days and it was great.
In fact the first day we arrived I mentioned that I would like to go for a swim right away, and within minutes Anne appeared with two fresh cups of coffee, and two bathe sheets so we didn't have to use our room towels.
The breakfasts are something to behold, from fruit and cereal to a full english, all perfectly cooked fresh to order, with all the toast and jams you can hope for. The morning staff are all lovely, and are there whenever you need anything.
The hotel had free wifi, and if you needed to borrow ann iron/board it was available
Dave runs a bar in the evening, it was so so nice to have a wander back from an evening out to sit and have a chat and a drink with some of the other guests, just to sit and unwind. But if you prefer to go up to your room instead there was no pressure to do otherwise. All in all a very nice break.
We will be going back as soon as possible
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight