The Havelock is very well-located - 15 min walk from the tram station, next to the old village, and a stone's throw from the beach. We were happy enough after our first stay to return for a second time, although our first experience was more enjoyable since we had the balcony room then. That room is very spacious, with a comfortable king-size bed and an additional single bed. The balcony offers impressive views of the sea and a lovely space to relax. The bathroom was not outstanding but still very clean and decent. The second room we had was a standard with sea view, much smaller and the double bed was too small for us to feel truly comfortable. We would definitely recommend spending a little extra for the balcony room. Having said that, both rooms were modern and well-decorated. It was a little noisy in the room (sounds from neighbouring rooms and the lounge) but mostly quiet after 11pm. Breakfast was very nice, and the additional buffet of croissants, cereals and yoghurt was well appreciated. The owners are lovely and overall, we had a very nice time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight