“welcoming, relaxing, family friendly hotel, great setting”
Review of Cliff Hall Hotel

Cliff Hall Hotel
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This is about my 5th time staying here. we have tried it in the summer , spring and Christmas period.
The service was always marvelous lots of choice for breakfast to suit everybody.
The rooms spacious and clean and tidy with great views.
Amenities were excellent great games room and pool and beautiful views of the sea from the rooms and the garden. the Bar is so friendly and you can just hang out there on your own chatting to the staff, till the family join you.
A lift down to the beach is great for buggies and the elderly.
Staff were so friendly and helpful great service indeed.

Room Tip: ask for sea view or over pool views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jax63

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed for 5 nights with hubby, was so welcoming. Owners and staff very helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable, maybe slightly out dated but I thought it added charm. Ideal for being near the town, restaurants and bars minutes away. We had a car so no where is far on the Island! View was amazing (even when it is raining). I would stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cyberbird44
Reviewed 5 September 2010

This was our second visit to this hotel. As a family of 4, with a 10 and 4 year old, the family room was good. Bunk bed for the kids was fine and the room plenty big enough. Very clean and comfortable. Would have been better if tv had had freeview as only 4 channels, and if the shower had been a bit more efficient, but the pros far outweighed the cons. Breakfasts excellent and staff all very friendly. Would definitely go back again

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Lauraflute
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This is our second visit to this Hotel with my husband, son and his partner. Once again we had a fabulous time! The owners and Staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was very clean and the ensuite refurbished with a lovely shower. We will be going back in the future. Poached eggs.....legendary!! Sea views.....Awesome. Many thanks to you all.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank JaneBarnsley
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I recently visited the Cliff Hall Hotel with my family and younger sister. It was my first trip to the Isle of Wight and I will definitely return. When I arrived I received a very warm welcome and immediately felt relaxed and comfortable. The owners are amazing - I will definitely re visit. You can ask them to do pretty much anything and if they can do it - they will! The hotel was very comfortable - from lazing round the pool (which I did a lot of!) to sitting in the bar and then getting a good nights sleep!! The entertainment was very good also, within my 10 day stay there was a live musician, karaoke, a quiz night and god knows what else! The owners know the Island very well and were very helpful in advising me of fun things to do! We went tree climbing, visited the Isle of Wight pearl, went to the needles, visted the zoo's, enjoyed the water sports etc etc. I had never been before so I needed as much help as I could get! And then at the end of a busy day I could sit in the beautiful gardens and watch the ocean in peace! The hotel is very quiet and peaceful during the day time, but there is a heated pool and a games room if you get bored, or the beach just down the road. I had an amazing holiday and would like to thank everyone at the Cliff Hall for making my stay so enjoyable! See you again soon hopefully!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KarinaLeeds
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This was the 6th time we have been to this hotel. Each year the owners have spent more and more money updating all the rooms etc. Our room (15) is exceptional. We have the most stunning views. This year we had a brand new 'king size' bed and an lcd television. Everything about this hotel is relaxing. The staff make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, old, young, with families or without. My 16 year old daughter still wants to come back next year - that says something! Keep up the good work and see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ElainefromLeeds
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Stayed for 10 days with husband and 2 small children. Very friendly atmosphere and children were welcomed every morning. Family room very comfortable, and kids loved the bunk beds. Sea view fantastic! Waking up to the sun rising over the sea every morning was breath taking. Yes, the rooms could do with modernising, yes, the water pressure and shower wasn't great, but everything was very clean, and house keeping did a good job. There are always going to be people that find something to complain about, but after staying there for 10 days, there was nothing to put a dampner on our lovely holiday. I can only remember the positives which definately included the beautiful outdoor pool (which was always clean) and the marvellous breakfasts.
If you are looking for an ultra modern hotel, this is not for you, but if you want a nice quiet, clean, family friendly hotel, give this one a go!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauraflute
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
#7 of 51 in Shanklin
Braemar Hotel Shanklin
Braemar Hotel Shanklin
#36 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Cliff Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!