“Excellent”

Ranked #12 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

A Warm Welcoming, Child Friendly, Family Eating, Super Cooking, Dog Loving, Good Staffing, Super Cleaning Hotel for all the Family. A great place to take you family if you want to go around the Island and have a look around. Super!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Really enjoyed our week here. Room was very comfortable & clean. We were made very welcome & felt really at home. The food was lovely. My husband is Lactose Intolerant and the were very helpful with his diet, he was really impressed with the selection as usually he is limited for choice. If we are back in shanklin this would be our first choice to go back to.

UK
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Joan and Chris make the Hayes Barton THE place to stay on the Isle of Wight. Their personal service is second to none and nothing is too much trouble, Joan's cooking is excellent - it's very difficult to decide what to have for dinner each night, and Chris makes a mean breakfast! The whole house is spotlessly clean, and the rooms are very comfortable.

We decided to get married while on the Isle of Wight. Joan and Chris made our day so special, we can't thank them enough.

All in all, why would you want to stay anywhere else?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Framlingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I found Hayes Barton in my WI book, we took a chance and booked. It could not have been better, Chris and Joan, and Jean made the stay greatly enjoyable. Joan cooks such delicious dinners it was difficult to make a choice for dinner as everything is so good. Chris and Joan make you welcome and look after you so that you have time to relax and enjoy your holiday. Superb.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I have just spent our second holiday at Hayes Barton. Joan and Chris are such a welcoming couple and nothing is too much trouble for them. The whole hotel is spotless and very comfortable. Joan's cooking is of top quality, which makes it very difficult to choose from the menu each day! The service was also excellent. This is definitely THE place to stay in Shanklin, and very likely in the whole Isle of Wight.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Another excellent stay. Same warm welcome as ever and nothing is too much trouble. Joan's home cooking is superb and Chris's porridge still Takes some beating.
Spotlessly clean everywhere and great value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

If you have special dietary needs, or even if you enjoy good food, then this is the place for you. My husband and I have just returned from spending four nights at the Hayes Barton Guest House which is conveniently located just a few minutes walk from the old town in Shanklin. The accommodation is spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and friendly hosts. We were welcomed with a hot drink which we had whilst relaxing in the beautiful garden. Due to an auto-immune condition I have to avoid several foods including gluten and dairy. I am used to being served plain food, which I accept, knowing that I am difficult to cater for. However, I was in for a treat. Joan is fully aware of the need to avoid cross contamination of foods and each day came up with an amazing menu for me using the list of foods I could eat sent in advance. Each meal was absolutely delicious. I am limited as to what vegetables I can eat but Joan managed to produce a varied selection which was always cooked to perfection. Nothing plain about these meals either and portions were very generous! I have not eaten as well for more than twenty years since first being diagnosed. It was so good to tuck in without being afraid of being ill. I ought to add that my husband’s meals were delicious too and that the breakfasts were equally as good. We certainly hope to go again and wholeheartedly recommend Hayes Barton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple