“Amazing flavour!!”

Smoking Lobster Ventnor
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Ventnor
Price range: £14 - £21
Description: Smoking Lobster Ventnor is an award winning 2-Rosette restaurant located in the heart of Ventnor Bay, serving Asian-Fusion cuisine. Our restaurant overlooks the ocean, so every meal is paired with breath-taking sea views. We are famous on the Island for using fresh and local produce. Justin, our local fisherman delivers our lobsters & line caught sea bass, whilst we offer other exotic dishes with an Asian twist, alongside. We also offer the best cocktail menu on the Island with an Asian-Fusion twist.
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

I had my lunch today at the smoking lobster
.. as on holiday I always like to have a lobster as this is my favourite food. I ordered the tempura lobster and fries with salad. It was amazing flavour the taste was gorgeous didn’t want it to stop.
My family had beautiful meal also. My young son had tempura fish with fries which he loved..
My father had the halibut which he said was lovely..
The staff where so welcoming and really attentive.
If you visit ventnor please visit the smoking lobster…

2  Thank Jennie H

Reviewed 25 August 2021

Upon looking forward to this restaurant for over a week we had this booked ( not in my name ) for my 50th birthday… An 8pm table …. However upon arriving the place was closed with no signage to say why and my booking was never contacted to say they were having to close … reading reviews would appear this has happened before..
Last night / 50th birthday! Very disappointed! Of course to find somewhere at 8.30pm on our last night to celebrate was impossible ended up going for a takeaway pizza.
Why the restaurant closed with no notice either by signage or contact is poor despite the challenges on the island.
Thanks smoking lobster !! Won’t be returning if on the island again.

4  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

Food was lovely and service was top notch! The menu catered for all and the sushi was very nice! Highly recommended and will return when we come back to the IOW!

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Having visited the Ventnor restaurant in the past , we have have now been to the Cowes restaurant on 2 occasions recently, when it has been very busy. The lobster was wonderfully fresh, the halibut cooked beautifully and the monkfish in batter superb. The starters and deserts are faultless. Yes it is expensive for sure, but for a special occasion it’s wonderful, buzzing, great atmosphere, good service and everything is made fresh on the premises. Love the Asian fusion twist, which is in itself unusual and gives something special to the island.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Over priced poor quality food that matches the exterior and interior of this place .. needs huge investment and new menu… I’d never go back ..
the lobster for £20 extra to an already over priced very tough steak is a disgrace..! How this place has had good reviews must be false.. on the night there were people complaining about the food and and I thought they were just being picky until ours arrived..
the steak was at best low quality and the lobster tasted like it had been frozen..! 100% not fresh as claimed. The restaurant looked run down and untidy and staff all very young that could not handle guests asking questions.
Avoid this place unless you like paying £140 for a meal for two that was disgusting !!!

4  Thank Justin B
Travel26117946869, Owner at Smoking Lobster Ventnor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

This is very sad to hear.

All of our steaks are from Isle of Wight Farms and certainly are not cheap or poor quality. The lobster is 100% NEVER frozen. We have all paper work to back this.

The meal should never have been poor quality. Please can you inform me of the date you dined and I will discuss with the staff on shift. We take these matters very seriously.

The staff are all thoroughly trained however, I will investigate on the date that you dined as I know we have been extremely stretched due to Covid and I fear that the standards of service are affected.

Would you like to discuss this over the phone ?