“Very friendly hosts, epic breakfast and a juke box- what's not to like?”
Review of Manser B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventnor
Manser B&B
Ranked #11 of 18 Ventnor B&B and Inns
Hampshire, England
“Very friendly hosts, epic breakfast and a juke box- what's not to like?”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

.We have just returned from 2 nights at Manser, wishing we could have stayed longer. The property is very well situated, with its own access to the coastal path. Our room was extremely comfortable and well equipped, with a lovely view over the large, well kept garden. The breakfast choice was first-rate, including eggs Benedict and kedgeree, which you need to order the previous night. The magnitude of the breakfast defeated me on both days unfortunately but the owners' 3 labradors take care of any left-overs! We had a good chat with the owners, who are very informative regarding local restaurants, etc. There is a vintage juke box in the dining room, which you can play selections free of charge, but please make a donation to the IOW donkey sanctuary which the owners support. The atmosphere was very laid-back and relaxed and we will most definitely return later in the year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Basingstoke
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My room was very comfortable and very well appointed. The breakfast was beautifully cooked and my hosts were friendly and accommodating. A very friendly feel about the place and I could have easily stayed much longer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank davedraw
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was our first stay here, although the in-laws, who we were also staying with had stayed on previous occasions. Their breakfast were fantastic, but no breakfast is complete without Black Pudding, and I`m glad to say that is was supplied by special request! One of the best breakfasts I`ve ever had. It also made a nice change to listen to their Juke box. Most of the records were from the 60`s and 70`s, so most were too modern for my elderly Father-in-law, but I think he was getting to like the new era of pop! Worth staying for the Breakfast alone!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TwinRoom
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have returned this evening from the most amazing of stays in Ventnor.
I was recommended Manser B+B by a relative and I have to say, it lived up to every expectation & hope i had. From the greeting both my daughter & myself got when we walked in to being shown to the room & help with the bags was just exceptional.
I have travelled extensively around the UK on leisure breaks and I have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best i have come across.
Mary says, can she stay with you without me next time??!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms look great, all with amazing en-suites
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Warm and informal. An easy place to relax and the breakfasts offered great choice and quality. We are not great dog lovers and that was fine. The dogs are kept very separate from the guests. Recommend dinner in the nearby botanic gardens and a walk down to Steephill Cove. Never did get the wifi sorted but a minor quibble. A good choice for a short stay on the island.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
West Wickham, Kent
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We had a shorter (first) visit earlier this year and resolved to return. Last week my wife, myself and our little dog returned for a week and this time brought my wife's very elderly mother as well.. We had told mother about the place but not sure if she believed us. We were able to prove how excellent Manser is. Jill,Sue and Peter could not have made us all any more welcome and we really felt part of the family. The huge breakfasts served piping hot and with a smile were superb and truly without equal. Listening to the ancient juke box brought back happy memories and being invited to relax in their lovely garden or the hot tub was a bonus. Nothing was too much trouble, The rooms and en-suites were spotless and comfortable. Little extra touches like bottled water by the bed, a bowl of sweets and plentiful selection of tea, coffees and milk, and luxury toilet tissue added to our satisfaction. If you are looking for a small quiet place to stay in an area of outstanding beauty you would be very hard pushed to find an equal to Manser. Excellent value for money. Many great eating places and pubs etc near by and superb beaches. We will be back to Manser as soon as we can fit it in and can thoroughly recommend a stay. .

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable, One large double (family room size) at front, Good size double at bac...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DennisWestWickham
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed at Mansers.

The hosts are very friendly, welcoming and flexible. The rooms are first class comfortable. The breakfasts are outstanding. They are dog friendly too and I mean dog friendly (not just putting up with your pooch - they actively welcome dogs who have as comfortable a stay as the guests do).

The location is superb. There is a gate at the back of the garden (that we call the secret gate) that leads to a path down to Steephill Cove ... a lovely relaxing cove where you can forget about your troubles and imagine that you are almost anywhere.

Close to Ventnor and the Botanical Gardens but in a quiet location so that your evenings/nights are undisturbed.

Highly recommended.