“We just had to comment again”
Review of Manser B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventnor
Manser B&B
Ranked #11 of 18 Ventnor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have now stayed at Manser many times and just absolutely love the place and the area. Jill, Peter and Sue could not possibly make you feel any more welcome - we almost feel part of the family now - and I know they do the same for all their visitors. All three guest bedrooms are very comfortable, well furnished and with excellent power showers. A variety of teas and coffees, ample supplies of milk, biscuits, sweets and even bottled water all supplied for an absolutely bargain price of only £32 per night. We have paid much more and not had anything like this. Then there are the breakfasts, ordered on the form supplied and all freshly cooked. Cereals, yoghurts and a large bowl of fresh fruit to go along with a massive breakfast. We just love the comfort, the hot tub, the garden, the beautiful Steephill Cove accessed via a path from the back garden gate. The house is level with the road, somewhat unusual in Ventnor as most have steps or steep drives, and there is parking on their drive. I would challenge anyone to find something to criticise about Manser. Our family, like me, really enjoy staying there and on this lovely Island. Oh, and for walkers there is even a bus stop outside!

Room Tip: The double bedroom and the twin room overlook the back garden and the large front bedroom overlooks...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just returned after a long weekend Fri - Mon The weather was fantastic and the hot tub was most welcome over the weekend to cool us down ! Breakfast is excellent fresh fruit salad,full english etc- even a sausage for our dog. There is a large lounge for guests to use and the garden is superb and very private.Give Jill & Pete a ring on 01983 855835.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roy w
Reviewed 30 June 2013

.We have just returned from 2 nights at Manser, wishing we could have stayed longer. The property is very well situated, with its own access to the coastal path. Our room was extremely comfortable and well equipped, with a lovely view over the large, well kept garden. The breakfast choice was first-rate, including eggs Benedict and kedgeree, which you need to order the previous night. The magnitude of the breakfast defeated me on both days unfortunately but the owners' 3 labradors take care of any left-overs! We had a good chat with the owners, who are very informative regarding local restaurants, etc. There is a vintage juke box in the dining room, which you can play selections free of charge, but please make a donation to the IOW donkey sanctuary which the owners support. The atmosphere was very laid-back and relaxed and we will most definitely return later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My room was very comfortable and very well appointed. The breakfast was beautifully cooked and my hosts were friendly and accommodating. A very friendly feel about the place and I could have easily stayed much longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank davedraw
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was our first stay here, although the in-laws, who we were also staying with had stayed on previous occasions. Their breakfast were fantastic, but no breakfast is complete without Black Pudding, and I`m glad to say that is was supplied by special request! One of the best breakfasts I`ve ever had. It also made a nice change to listen to their Juke box. Most of the records were from the 60`s and 70`s, so most were too modern for my elderly Father-in-law, but I think he was getting to like the new era of pop! Worth staying for the Breakfast alone!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TwinRoom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have returned this evening from the most amazing of stays in Ventnor.
I was recommended Manser B+B by a relative and I have to say, it lived up to every expectation & hope i had. From the greeting both my daughter & myself got when we walked in to being shown to the room & help with the bags was just exceptional.
I have travelled extensively around the UK on leisure breaks and I have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best i have come across.
Mary says, can she stay with you without me next time??!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms look great, all with amazing en-suites
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Warm and informal. An easy place to relax and the breakfasts offered great choice and quality. We are not great dog lovers and that was fine. The dogs are kept very separate from the guests. Recommend dinner in the nearby botanic gardens and a walk down to Steephill Cove. Never did get the wifi sorted but a minor quibble. A good choice for a short stay on the island.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family