“Excellent !!!”

Ranked #52 of 64 Restaurants in Ventnor
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Twice this week during my weeks holiday whilst in Ventnor I have visited Besty and Spinky's and had the largest English breakfast on the menu. Both times the meals came out quickly, hot and well presented. They are large and will set you up for the day. On both occasions the staff were friendly, most helpful and provided an excellent service. If there's items not liked, the staff are obliging and will swap them for more of something else. I thought that the food was excellent and definitely great value for money. I hope to return to the IOW in the future and will definitely return to B&S when visiting Ventnor.

• Visited August 2012

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Good wholesome food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Ideally located on the sea front,the cafe offers a wide choice of food at very reasonable prices. I ordered a full English Breakfast which was served within minutes hot & well presented minus the grease that you can expect from such a meal. The staff were very pleasant & chatty and provided an excellent level of service

• Visited May 2012
London
“DON'T GO THERE!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This cafe was run very successfully by Besty & Spinky until recently when the greedy landlord wanted to run it again.
On the day I visited with my family I ordered 3 'All Day Breakfasts' with white toast & tea with all of them. However I lost count of the number of times I had to keep requesting our toast which eventually turned up as we were finishing our meal!
The cafe wasn't even busy,just badly run & we won't be returning.

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank HappyBeachBunny
Reading, United Kingdom
“Beware- Besty and Spinky have moved on - not the same anymore!”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We have been fans of Besty and Spinky for many years and so we were very disappointed to find out that they had moved on. we had already ordered before we realised! Adequate fgood but not the same sense of efficiency and customer service. We were delighted to discover B&S had moved to Oceanblue just along the esplanade - see separate review for this.

• Visited April 2011
4 Thank Teachercrafter
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly cafe”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Besty, Spikey (and Jack) run a brilliant cafe on Ventnor sea front. It serves breakfasts from 8 am along with lunches and snacks. The breakfasts are excellent, presented very nicely on the plate and taste delicious. Reasonably priced. Nothing is too much trouble if you dont like a particular item you can swop it for something else. Staff are well trained and very polite. Daily newspapers too, to read whilst you look out over the bay. See you again next year lads!!!