“AMAZING!”

Fogg’s of Ventnor
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are proud to work with a dedicated team of local Island Suppliers. Our meat is sourced from local farms such as Kemphill and Dunsbury by Island Foods Butchers. Our vegetable supplier "5 a day" is based in Ventnor High Street who works with an array of local farmers.. All produce is local and seasonal wherever possible, some grown in Ventnor itself. The majority of our fish is caught and supplied by Ventnor Haven Fishery, mostly caught the morning it arrives on your plate. Our mussels are rope grown in the River Exe, Devon. All our dry goods are supplied by the Island company Medina Foods. Gourmet Mushrooms are grown on the Island, as well as the tastiest tomatoes courtesy of The Tomato Stall. Our wines are supplied by Majestic Wines based in Wootton, giving us a diverse range of quality wines for your enjoyment. Locally baked bread comes from Sarah's House on Ventnor High Street. Thank you for making our chef's job that little bit easier!
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The nicest food I have ever had!! The service was great, the chef even came out to make sure everything was ok which was a lovely touch. Fantastic for a romantic meal but you may want to book as they are very popular. This is somewhere to go if you want a fancy meal that's a little higher priced, the pricing suits the food though it is truely amazing!

There are newer reviews for Fogg’s of Ventnor

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've recently been twice for dinner and was so impressed the first time, that I ate exactly the same the second time, and it was just as good.
Mussels served precisely as they should be and plentiful too-I've never understood why restaurants often serve you tiny portions of mussels-the French woulld be horrified..
Other friends and family raved about the tuna, the squid and the crab cakes.
The meze starter was great, the restaurant's bright and buzzy, the staff are friendly and I will be back again soon....

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having scanned reviews on TA for somewhere to eat in the Ventnor/Shanklin area I initially passed over this place as I thought it was more of a pub that did cheap and cheerful burgers and the like. However when the restaurant I had selected was closed for the evening I plumped for Phileas Fogg's as an easy alternative. This place is not at all as I expected. Elegant, tastefully decorated and very much a restaurant serving refined and tasty food without being above itself. Very enjoyable for all levels of aspiration, affordability and approachability. Would definitely return when next over on the isle.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We ate here after reading the reviews and were not disappointed! I had mussels followed tuna steak which was so fresh and full of flavour. Lovely atmosphere and always very busy so make sure you book!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a real find and a perfect way to end our weeks stay on the Isle of Wight. The menu has a great variety with specials that really complemented. The salt and black pepper squid and the special crab and smoked bacon soup didn't disappoint. The pork belly was exceptional and so good, I had to ask the chef how he had cooked it. Not only did he join us at our table but he also sent me the recipe!! This epitomized the genuine care and attention we received all evening from the friendly staff. The lemon sole was perfectly cooked and generously garnished. The special baked raspberry cheesecake a delight. Like others, I really wished we lived closer!