“Wonderful cocktails”
Review of Drunken Lobster

Drunken Lobster
Ranked #19 of 55 Restaurants in Ventnor
Price range: £9 - £30
Description: Ventnor town's wine, sake and cocktail bar, featuring a Japanese Yakatori grill and private dining room. Our Izakaya-style bar is reminiscent of a gloomy, intimate small-style Japanese bar where shadows mingle with the aroma of sizzling skewers. Located in the heart of Ventnor, our cosy establishment invites you to indulge in the art of Japanese bar culture. We serve a Japanese 'Omakase' selection of dishes, meaning 'Chef's Selection'. Our Head Chef will deliver a specially-selected range of small plates while you can sit back and enjoy our cocktails with an Asian-fusion twist. Celebrating gloomy late-night drinks the intimate, Japanese way. We look forward to looking after you. DL
Reviewed 7 April 2024 via mobile

Called by for a pre dinner drink - delighted to find a two for one cocktail offer available. Tried the Apricot Estate - they were both really well made and delicious - next time we will definitely stay for the food which looked outstanding!

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 4 April 2024

I stumbled upon this absolute gem on a trip to the Isle of Wight when I was exploring Ventnor!

The drinks are so tasty, I happened to get there for the 2-4-1 cocktails and particularly enjoyed the miso salted caramel espresso martini. But the food was mindblowing - especially the fresh seabream tempura and the chicken bao buns! It was so delicious that I went back for lunch a few days later.

I also want to say how lovely and friendly all of the staff are - a particular shout out to Nancy who was so welcoming and made me feel very comfortable as a solo female traveller completely new to the area. Thank you, Nancy, you were wonderful!

I really recommend checking this place out, and will definitely return during my next trip to the Isle of Wight.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 3 April 2024 via mobile

Called to see if they did Cocktails on a Saturday evening, my family and friends party were treated well, staff were brilliant, even though we were all slightly loud, celebrating my 60th

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank DuggieMT
Reviewed 23 March 2024

Great vibe and lovely fresh, creative food. We had the £40pp chefs selection of small plates and they chose so well, we loved everything they chose for us. Asian and Japanese fusion that was so clever but tasty and filling. Service was excellent and wide selection of drinks, the cocktails were superb with the house spicy margarita amazing. Would highly recommended!

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 26 February 2024 via mobile

Very unusually I am going to say there was nothing I could fault about this restaurant!!
Apart from !!! They ran out of the wine we were drinking??!! ( probably says more about our consumption!! Rather than the stock levels ??!!)
We had a fantastic experience excellent service fabulous food. Would 100% recommend wonderful very happy I have found The Drunken Lobster

Date of visit: February 2024