“Always busy.......Enjoy!!!”
Review of The Old Smithy

The Old Smithy
Ranked #1 of 1 Shopping in Ventnor
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Over the years we've visited the old smithy many times, have bought several lovely things in the shop, quality clothing and accessories. Good at this time of year for unusual Xmas bits and stocking fillers.
Then lunch in the cafe, always very nice fresh and tasty but the cake cabinet is a Wow! I recommend everyone to to give it a go it's cake heaven. Even though always busy service is good so waiting time on food is not an issue.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stopped off in Godshill as part of a coach holiday. Unfortunately it was pouring down the Sunday we visited but enjoyed it all the same.
After looking round the gifts I went to the cafe and the selection of cakes were huge. And the size of them, well the cream strawberry meringue I bought covered a side plate easily, so make sure you are hungry lol.. It was a tough decision to make - choosing a cake! There are so many and all look very yummy, the chosen one was!
After I went round the gift shop and bought a Stieff red squirrel. There was some really nice gifts and clothes.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Old Smithy Cafe is an excellent place to eat with a varied menu, the cakes are amazing, but we tend to choose savoury items or the regular breakfast. Having eaten here many times we have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We entered because we had an hour to kill but spent money! This retail park has a free car park and that's a bonus on this Island Better than Gretna and cheaper, we three ended up buying sweets, biscuits and kids stuff to take home because the prices were OK. I even bought a new belt for my breeks and I don't do that very often. We browsed for an hour then strolled through the village and photographed the thatched Olde World cottages. Pleasant enough but I wonder if the crowds would have been too much in Summer - Coach parties added a touch of humour.....

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Formerly a blacksmith's forge this attraction is based in the heart of a very beautiful village. The Coffee Shop serves the most delicious cream teas, it also caters for those people with diet restrictons eg: gluten free. It has a lovely gift shop and Style Interiors features home furnishings and there is are aviaries.