“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Eversley Hotel

Eversley Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ventnor
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here many times over the years. Rooms are much better now they have been refurbished. Staff are as helpful and friendly as ever, and the food is amazing. Overall good family run hotel that offers charm and good value for money.

Room Tip: Stayed in rooms 3 and 20
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 September 2011

We really like this hotel. It has lovely, manicured gardens and a heated pool with sun loungers on the grass. The rooms are in really good condition, and I have no idea why somebody recently reported that it was in such disrepair. The decor inside is slightly Fawlty Towers-esque, but that just adds to the charm of the place. But best of all you can go for a fantastic run / walk through the gardens, into the Botanical Gardens and through the coastal path. A 30 minute run along here is just stunning and highly recommended.

This place really was great value for money. The only downside was the annoying bloke hoovering up leaves while we had breakfast. But I'm not so fussy as to let that upset what was otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamiewestcountry
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We picked this hotel for a short walking holiday on the Isle of Wight and it was a very good choice. The staff were very helpful when we booked, even sorting out a problem with the booking website and organising our ferry ticket. The friendly and helpful service from the staff was the major reason we enjoyed our stay as much as we did.
We had a premier room which was huge with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom. Although it faced the road there was no disturbance from traffic.
Breakfast and dinner were both good quality. The hotel is near to the southern end of the esplanade and a short walk to the town centre. The Botanic Gardens and Steephill Cove (well worth a visit - see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/2620272/Steephill-Cove-the-Isle-of-Wights-timeless-hideaway.html) are a short walk in the other direction.
We found it to be a great place to stay and would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Book a Premier room and have a long soak in the huge bath.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

If you read any good reviews about this hotel, think twice!!!

I have never seen a hotel in such a bad and run-down hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dee T
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The pool is suitable for swimmers as shallow end 3' - no toddler pool. Excellent for a grandma and 9 year old!
Ventnor beach a 5 min walk down a very steep hill.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WWx2
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was cycling around the island and having failed to find a B&B less than £70 I decided to try the Eversley Hotel. I was offerred a double room with en suite for £45 including breakfast which I felt was a great deal.
The young girl at reception was very pleasant and efficient, she offerred to let me keep my bike in the locked cellar overnight, and gave me some suggestions on where i might eat. I decided to eat out as the hotel restaurant appeared to be quite quiet and as I was on my own I wanted to be somewhere busier.
The room was fresh and clean, with all the usual facilities, tv, hairdryer, tea and coffee making appliances etc. The bed was comfortable with crisp cotton bedding. The bathroom was also fresh, with a bath and a shower and there were some basic toiletries provided.
The following morning my breakfast was very tasty, well cooked and the staff were most attentive.
Having read some previous reviews I would agree that it is not a particularly modern hotel and some areas do require some redecoration, the reception and stairwells for example. However, the staff were most helpful and polite, the rooms were clean and tidy and the food was good. The gardens and pool area were being enjoyed by others staying at the hotel and overall I considered it great value for money and a good "find" in Ventor.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2011

me and my girlfriends recently stayed here as we were attending a wedding about 10 minutes up the road.
we were only staying here for one night and it was sufficient for what we needed, we managed to get a parking space right outside door, the room was clean with toiletries, tea making facilities, a tv with a few channels.
only two minor things were the locks seemed a bit dated on the doors, and it was difficult to tell when locked or not had to triple check when leaving.
the only other thing was even though it was included in the price, was the breakfast being very small , you could help yourself to cereal etc, but the actual cooked breakfast wasn't very big, i imagine its because the majority of the guests are older and eat smaller portions.
all in all a fine stay, and was more than sufficient for what we required.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventnor
The Royal Hotel
#4 of 29 in Sandown
St. Augustine Villa
St. Augustine Villa
#4 of 9 in Ventnor

Been to Eversley Hotel? Share your experiences!