“Beautiful hotel and lovely location”
Review of The Royal Hotel

The Royal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ventnor
“Beautiful hotel and lovely location”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed in the family suite which was beautifully decorated and appointed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Surrey
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We returned to The Royal because of our excellent stays on 2 previous occasions. Unfortunately, the promised 'birthday dessert plate' did not arrive for my wife which was disappointing as I wanted to surprise my wife on her birthday with my son and daughter in law. The food was brilliant and hotel mainly very comfortable as usual apart from no hot water in one of the rooms which was not resolved after the first complaint and needed another mention on the second day before we were offed another room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
worcs
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Lovely hotel, family run with beautiful gardens and excellent food. We ate out one night at The Hamburgh Hotel-Michelin starred- not as good as The Royal with dire service to boot.Also has a beautiful terrace with ace views. Recommended- although we did pay extra for a deluxe room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We just stayed for one night whilst visiting friends on the Island. Lovely old hotel, gracious and charming. Food wonderful. We had a slight problem with the plumbing in our room and we were promptly moved and, as the newer room wasn't exactly to my taste, I was given a reduction in the price.
I thought the staff were absolutely charming, the grounds and the gardens are beautiful and well kept. I would recommend it unreservedly.
They also welcomed my well behaved black Labrador!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just a short stroll to the sea, with amazing panoramic views from the hotels Riviera Terrace. Te Royal Hotel, Ventnor really is second to none. I’ve stayed in some of the countrys best known coastal hotels (Brightons Grand hotel and the Royal Bath in Bournemouth as examples.) However, this hotel knocks spots off of them all. The staff seem to enjoy working at the hotel, and this comes across in their exemplary service and attitude towards customer satisfaction. The décor and surroundings are carefully designed to give a sense of relaxation mixed with class. All of this though falls into insignificance when one walks into the restaurant and samples some of the finest food I have ever experienced. I highly recommend this hotel, and should their staff read this review I extend my praise and appreciation to them all. Without doubt, I will return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My partner and I spent the last 5 nights at this exemplary hotel I cannot praise the staff highly enough. We arrived having booked up on the Thursday before and took one of their classic rooms. I would have liked another view and although there was nothing wrong with the room I mentioned it to the reception staff if they had another room with a bit of a view I would be happier! The staff went out of their way to find another room and we moved the following day. All the staff were friendly and could not do enough for you. They have a pool and the staff regularly made sure that everything was satisfactory as of course they should but they do it amazing! Food wise excellent try the beer battered local fish and chips. Simply superb! Well done all.

• Stayed August 2011
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights whilst being on the IOW to see a friend start the Clipper race in Cowes. Great location to explore the island from. We found the staff, service and food all excellent and we were made to feel very welcome. The gardens are a delight and rooms comfortable, clean and provided all that you need.

When booking our first impression was that the room rates were a little expensive, but on seeing the building and appreciating the work that must go into its upkeep and the wonderful gardens, and attentive high level of service justified the price. Plentiful parking with no additional charge.

The menu and food was absolutely wonderful, it has been a while since we have received such good service and excellent food.

We shall return and are happy to recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CotswoldCraig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventnor
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
The Hambrough
The Hambrough
#2 of 9 in Ventnor
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!