1,277 results
All reviews isle of wight classic room garden view afternoon tea lovely hotel first class excellent food outdoor pool rooms are comfortable scones premier room without exception special occasion fine dining dining room steep walk attention to detail
Reviewed 1 week ago

The Royal Hotel, Ventnor. It is an old stately building full of charm and character. On arrival we were greeted with enthusiasm by very friendly staff who made you feel at home straight away. My wife and I stayed in a premier room, with lovely views over the garden towards the sea. The room was large and very comfortable with everything you could want, and more, laid out for you. ( It was better than some 5 star hotels I have stayed in). It was kept to this standard every day. We had a half board package, the food was outstanding. The wine list was extensive and not I think overpriced for a hotel. Every hotel can be made or broken by its staff, the staff at the Royal were excellent, friendly and helpful they made you feel at home also it seemed like you became ‘one of the family’. They were outstanding and the owner must be very proud of them they all seemed to me, to love working there.
There were no troubles parking as there are plenty of spaces. Would I stay again, yes I would and will we are in the process of working out dates for next year. The Royal at Ventnor can not be recommended high enough.
Many thanks to the staff.

Room tip: Premier room is excellent.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CSHELLBrixham
Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked for Dinner, B&B. The quality of the food was excellent; it tasted exquisite and the portion sizes were just right. Staff are very attentive and friendly. Room was very comfortable and we heard no noise from the evening function. We would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nomad50192353699
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the 3 night NY Package. It was all lovely. The food was top rate and the hotel had thought of everything to make this a really special time. We danced into 2019 to a great band and then woke up the next day to be greeted with a bucks fizz brunch. This is our 3rd visit to the hotel and it won't be our last!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqui S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We returned to The Royal for a New Year Break having last visited in July/August 2017.
Having had a very hectic year this was the ideal and perfect place to relax and chill in perfect surroundings with very attentive and friendly staff. Again the food was absolutely outstanding as was our whole stay at the hotel. We had an amazing end to 2018 and beginning to 2019 thanks to all staff at The Royal and their attention to detail!

Room tip: We were spoilt with a sea view room, but we met another couple who had a garden view room and that was just as nice
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjwright60
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A most enjoyable stay at the Royal. I slept very well and the food was excellent, and suited me.i went with 3 friends who had all been before. I certainly look forwards to visiting the Royal again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends