“Superb luxury comfort (with minor niggles)”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Lavinia

Welcome to Villa Lavinia
Relax and unwind in comfort All mod cons in your kitchen!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to Villa Lavinia
Relax and unwind in comfort
All mod cons in your kitchen!
A good night's sleep awaits
A choice of bathrooms
Your own garden to relax in
Enough room for everyone to eat together!
Ahh.....after a busy day
Morning swim anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Adrian W
“Superb luxury comfort (with minor niggles)”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife organised these lodgings for us for our week long holiday in the Isle of Wight. I didn't really know anything about it before we arrived except that it was big enough to hold our family (my wife, myself, my son and my mum and her mum) and that it was costing us £2,500 for the week. A large price indeed (in my eyes).

My initial impressions were not good. Parking is on a private road which is in a shocking state. The road is not big enough to swing a cat, nevermind a car. I kerbed one wheel trying to park and even my mother in law couldn't fit her Fiat 500 into the parking space without damaging her bumpers! However, the owner was kind enough to provide more convenient parking nearby at their Winter Gardens and outside The Hamborough. So that quelled my disappointment.

The building itself is massive, with several floors and many rooms/bedrooms. It's lovely, honestly, really nice. The kitchen is massive and so is the lounge. It felt like we were staying in a mansion compared to our 2 bed semi. Awesome bathrooms and facilities - my favourite things:

- Massive fridge with Ice machine
-Dishwasher
-Washing Machine/Tumble dryer
-Loads of bathrooms
-A tap with filtered water for drinking

Sounds good so far right? Well it was.

However, nothing is perfect. So here's the downsides:

-Parking - as mentioned, awful. The owner insisted they could easily get a car into the spot, I doubted it. As said I damaged a wheel and nearly damaged my sideskirts as well trying to get into the spot
-Bedding - the beds are provided with sheets, not duvets. This was a disappointment for me. They're fine in a hot country like Spain or Portugal, but not really in the UK, even in the summer. We were all cold and uncomfortable at night.
-Bins - 2 days after we arrived we were told that the island is strict on rubbish disposal. We had to sort the bins out by emptying and filtering the bin bag we'd already been filling for a couple of days. It would have been nice to have been told this before hand. Recycling is indeed common across the UK, but no other bins were provided.

Having said that. The location is amazing. Cracking views from the top of the hill above the beach. There's plenty to do locally and loads to see by car. Plenty of awesome stuff on the sea front. I could easily have spent a month in the Isle of Wight and not seen it all. This would have been a perfect place to stay too!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ice machine
Liked least: the parking
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing