As you will see from other reviews and Johanssen., this is a very stylish boutique hotel with great views, massive rooms with stunning balcony (well, at least the expensive suite we stayed in!), excellent bathroom with under-floor heating, in-room cappuccino maker and DVD player with good DVD selection, and a very good restaurant. Also, Isle of Wight in general exceeded our expectations.
OK, the bad side:
1. Never received email confirmation after booking over the phone, so siginificantly overcharged. Refunded, but still charged a little more than I had understood over the phone.
2. Housekeeping fails on details- no attention to balcony (spider webs on railing!), toiletries not replaced, no hotel info card in room.
3. No parking- free opposite hotel, but you have to be lucky!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight