We booked the Hambrough very last minute through booking.com which had an offer on at the time. My wife and I were using this as our 'Babymoon', apparently this is now common for expectant mothers, personally I think I was conned!
We stayed in Room 2 which is on the 1st floor with a balcony which overlooks the sea and harbour of Ventnor. The room was very nice, a great size that meant we didn't feel on top of each other during our stay. The room has a large bed that was very comfy, with a sofa and seating area around the TV and coffee table. The bathroom was again large with a separate shower and bath, with the addition of underfloor heating which made it all very cosy.
The cleanliness was fantastic, with the room being thoroughly cleaned everyday and never once did I grimace or comment on anything unsightly. The Breakfast element of our stay was also to a high quality A continental style buffet was available with a set menu to order a cooked breakfast, again all to a high quality and very tasty.
Location wise we preferred the low key Ventor, and out of season in Feb the town is very low key. But having visited most of the towns around the island we were both glad we choose this hotel and location. There are a number of good restaurants around the town and a great chippy on the harbour. One thing to note is the parking situation, there is no allocated parking for the hotel, we were made aware so it wasn't a surprise or an issue, again as it was out of season. There are a number of car parks near by, one is free, and you just have to be lucky to get a space on the road outside the hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay and it really was relaxing thanks in part to the quality of this hotel, you shouldn't be disappointed if you decide to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight