We chose this hotel from the internet because of its good reviews. We didn't realise it is really a 'Restaurant with Rooms'. Many 'pluses': Wonderful welcome, courteous, considerate, friendly, helpful and accommodating staff, large rooms. A superb kitchen overseen by Darren Beever who prepared exquisite dishes, all beautifully served on linen tablecloths with linen napkins. Cleanliness and comfort throughout both excellent. A few negatives: Parking is on street or at the nearby Winter Gardens, There is no lift and the rooms on the second floor are for the non-athsmatic set. Wi-Fi is free and works but I found I could receive e-mails but not send any. The TV in room 5 was very 'iffy' - the only person who could make it work was the resident Sommelier. It was his evening off on our last evening there so no TV. Prices were on the high side but worth paying that little more for the excellent holiday we enjoyed. Overall rating 4.5 stars - Would have been 5 if the TV had worked consistently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight