Went there over the week end of the 7th August. We had booked online on their website, received confirmation back via email, and 5 days prior to arrival another mail was received again with furthermore details..nice attention.
We were on our Bike so we didn't have issues in parking just in front of the hotel.Hotel and restaurant have Prime location with unbeatable view.
Hotel was fully renovated or done last fall and still is immaculate. Receptionist was extremely kind, gave us all needed explanations we needed on both the hotel and the town. She even gave us the tel number of a nearby competitor restaurant. We wanted a seafood platter....The Ale and lobster on the seafront is the place to go if you want to treat yourself to such delicacy.
Bedrooms are fine, we were in room 7. Spacious comfortable with all you expected for such category of price, £210 BB per night. The only downside is the minor lack of attention from the housekeeping side. Silly water marks here and there...that shows as everything else is so nice.
Please put a curtain on the Bathroom door glossy window so we don't have the light from there waking us up at 5am....even the bathroom blind closed...
Bedroom door...invest in a proper door that is sound proof...not with 1/2 inch gap at the bottom..
Breakfast in room was great with with quality you expect from Robert Thomson's establishment. Fine with attention to details.
On the way down to check out (9am) you can find all the linen on the floor for the bedrooms to be cleaned.....bedsheet direct on the floor!!! You could avoid this couldn't you..
So overall 4 Stars soon to be 5!! Sorry the AA I was a bit tougher than you!! but may be you didn't see that.
Will recommend and go again....and may be eat at the restaurant this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight