What a treat this was....we arrived on spec on a cold Saturday afternoon....the front of house person was a joy..we managed to get the last room (a suite) and we booked for a late dinner.
The food well deserved its one Michelin star, the French maitre'D was superb as was our waitress.....but the shining star was Laura-Jo as front of house.....why can we never find people like that in London hotels ??...Our suite (No. 3) was excellent and we had a good sleep followed by an exceptionally good quality breakfast.
Driving around the IOW was a pleasure too....not a camera or a yellow box, to be seen anywhere !
We must mention also the SPYGLASS INN nearby...we had the best fish chowder we've had anywhere including the USA.....and the bar staff could not do enough for you...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight